- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Report: Jeff Green Agrees to One-Year, $2.5M Deal With Eastern Conference Team
- Updated: July 3, 2018
According to one NBA insider, small forward Jeff Green has agreed to a one-year deal with the Washington Wizards.
Sources: Free agent Jeff Green has agreed to a one-year, $2.5M deal with the Washington Wizards.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) July 3, 2018
Green became a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers last summer when he was signed to one-year, $2.3 million deal. In his one season with the Cavs, Green averaged 10.8 points and 3.1 rebounds per game. He had one of his best performance of the season in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals, when he scored 19 points and recorded eight rebounds in 42 minutes of clutch play.
Recent reports had indicated that the Cavs were interested in bringing Green back for another season. However, James’ decision to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers likely had an impact on what the Cavs were planning to do in the near future.
It will be interesting to see if Green is the final change to last year’s roster for the Cavs, or if James’ departure has set off a chain reaction that will see several other players end up on other teams by summer’s end.