- Larry Nance Jr. Roasts Cavs Rookie Dylan Windler on Social Media
- 2-Time All-Star Raves About Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr.
- Video: Kevin Love Celebrates With C.J. McCollum Over Contract Extension With Portland Trail Blazers
- Patrick Beverley Congratulates Sindarius Thornwell After Signing With Cavs
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Sindarius Thornwell to One-Year Deal
- Richard Jefferson Says 2016 Cavs Were ‘Dysfunctional’
- Report: 3 Players That Could Fill Remaining Roster Spot for Cavs
- Former Cavs Player Rips Dan Gilbert and David Griffin Following Griffin’s Recent Comments
- David Griffin Says LeBron James Isn’t ‘Same Animal Anymore About Winning’
- David Griffin privately wept in an Oakland broom closet while the Cavs were celebrating in 2016
Report: Jeff Green Agrees to One-Year, $2.5M Deal With Eastern Conference Team
- Updated: July 3, 2018
According to one NBA insider, small forward Jeff Green has agreed to a one-year deal with the Washington Wizards.
Sources: Free agent Jeff Green has agreed to a one-year, $2.5M deal with the Washington Wizards.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) July 3, 2018
Green became a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers last summer when he was signed to one-year, $2.3 million deal. In his one season with the Cavs, Green averaged 10.8 points and 3.1 rebounds per game. He had one of his best performance of the season in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals, when he scored 19 points and recorded eight rebounds in 42 minutes of clutch play.
Recent reports had indicated that the Cavs were interested in bringing Green back for another season. However, James’ decision to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers likely had an impact on what the Cavs were planning to do in the near future.
It will be interesting to see if Green is the final change to last year’s roster for the Cavs, or if James’ departure has set off a chain reaction that will see several other players end up on other teams by summer’s end.