- Former Cavs Player Delonte West Seen Getting Beat Down on Freeway
- Report: Cavs Sign Tyler Cook to 2nd 10-Day Contract
- Report: Some Cavs Players Still Question John Beilein’s Ability to Succeed in NBA
- Tristan Thompson Indicates Refs Were Wrong to Eject Him for Incident With Jae Crowder
- Tristan Thompson Gets Ejected for Slapping Jae Crowder’s Behind
- Jose Calderon Details LeBron James Breaking His Hand After Game 1 of 2018 NBA Finals
- Collin Sexton Says There Was a Lot of ‘Disrespect’ Amongst Cavs Players Early in Season
- Report: NBA Executives Believe Kevin Love Was Primary Voice Behind Criticism of John Beilein
- Cavs Rumors: Tristan Thompson ‘Coveted by Contenders’ in Potential Trade
- 3 Ideal Trades the Cavs Should Pursue for Kevin Love
Report: Jeff Green Agrees to One-Year, $2.5M Deal With Eastern Conference Team
- Updated: July 3, 2018
According to one NBA insider, small forward Jeff Green has agreed to a one-year deal with the Washington Wizards.
Sources: Free agent Jeff Green has agreed to a one-year, $2.5M deal with the Washington Wizards.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) July 3, 2018
Green became a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers last summer when he was signed to one-year, $2.3 million deal. In his one season with the Cavs, Green averaged 10.8 points and 3.1 rebounds per game. He had one of his best performance of the season in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals, when he scored 19 points and recorded eight rebounds in 42 minutes of clutch play.
Recent reports had indicated that the Cavs were interested in bringing Green back for another season. However, James’ decision to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers likely had an impact on what the Cavs were planning to do in the near future.
It will be interesting to see if Green is the final change to last year’s roster for the Cavs, or if James’ departure has set off a chain reaction that will see several other players end up on other teams by summer’s end.