- Kevin Durant’s response when asked if he thinks LeBron James is still NBA’s greatest
- Khloe Kardashian Breaks Up With Tristan Thompson After He Allegedly Cheats With Jordyn Woods
- Report: There’s ‘Internal Belief’ That Winning Basketball Could Be Coming Soon for Cavs
- Kirk Cousins Explains Why He ‘Totally Understands’ Why LeBron James Left Cavs
- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
Video: Dwyane Wade Reveals How LeBron James Recruited Him to Cavs
- Updated: September 29, 2017
Now that Dwyane Wade is officially a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers, one thing left to answer is why he decided to continue his career in Cleveland. It turns out LeBron James was recruiting Wade throughout the offseason.
Wade sat down with ESPN’s Rachel Nichols to explain how the former teammates were able to get together once again as members of the Cavs.
“The first text message I got early, I think it was when, maybe a few days after Jimmy [Butler] got traded. He texted me to just check my temperature a little bit,” he said. “Then he hit me again later, like, ‘I don’t know what you’re gonna do. I don’t know where your mind is right now, but if something happens in Chicago and you guys decide to part ways, I want you to really consider coming to Cleveland.'”
Wade then explained that things got serious when the two met for offseason workouts in Los Angeles.
“Then when it started getting real was around the time we worked out in L.A.,” he said. “We got a time to sit down and just talk. And it wasn’t talking about, ‘Oh I want to be there,’ It was mostly talking, for me, sitting down talking to him and realizing what I wanted to do, what I wanted to be a part of.”
It seems that both Wade and James not only value each other as players, but as friends as well. Their connection while playing for the Miami Heat won two NBA championships, with the supporting cast they now have in Cleveland, another title may be just around the corner.