- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Video: Dwyane Wade Reveals How LeBron James Recruited Him to Cavs
- Updated: September 29, 2017
Now that Dwyane Wade is officially a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers, one thing left to answer is why he decided to continue his career in Cleveland. It turns out LeBron James was recruiting Wade throughout the offseason.
Wade sat down with ESPN’s Rachel Nichols to explain how the former teammates were able to get together once again as members of the Cavs.
“The first text message I got early, I think it was when, maybe a few days after Jimmy [Butler] got traded. He texted me to just check my temperature a little bit,” he said. “Then he hit me again later, like, ‘I don’t know what you’re gonna do. I don’t know where your mind is right now, but if something happens in Chicago and you guys decide to part ways, I want you to really consider coming to Cleveland.'”
Wade then explained that things got serious when the two met for offseason workouts in Los Angeles.
“Then when it started getting real was around the time we worked out in L.A.,” he said. “We got a time to sit down and just talk. And it wasn’t talking about, ‘Oh I want to be there,’ It was mostly talking, for me, sitting down talking to him and realizing what I wanted to do, what I wanted to be a part of.”
It seems that both Wade and James not only value each other as players, but as friends as well. Their connection while playing for the Miami Heat won two NBA championships, with the supporting cast they now have in Cleveland, another title may be just around the corner.