- Report: Cavs have begun exploring trade options for JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs offer major update on when Darius Garland and Collin Sexton could return
- Andre Drummond offers powerful message of support after Kevin Porter Jr. rejoins Cavs
- Former Cavs big man emphatically predicts team will trade Andre Drummond
- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
Video: LeBron James Would ‘Love’ to Add Dwyane Wade to Cavs Roster
- Updated: September 25, 2017
The possibility of a potential reunion between former teammates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade has gained traction now that Wade has been bought out of his Chicago Bulls contract. That fact didn’t escape the notice of James, who enthusiastically spoke of his desire to see it happen.
James spoke on Monday in a press conference during the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ media day about that prospect:
— NBA TV (@NBATV) September 25, 2017
“He (Wade) brings another championship DNA, championship pedigree to the team. He brings another playmaker to the team who can get guys involved and make plays and has a great basketball mind,” James said. “I think it would be great to have him here.”
On Sunday, Wade agreed to give up $8 million of the $23.8 million he was scheduled to earn for the upcoming season. The veteran, who’s entering his 15th season in the NBA, indicated that he would be making his final decision on a team quickly. Two teams that the Cavaliers will be competing against are Wade’s old team, the Miami Heat, Oklahoma City Thunder, and San Antonio Spurs.
James and Wade were teammates with the Heat from 2010-14, reaching the NBA Finals during each season and capturing titles in both 2012 and 2013. James has spoken in the past about reuniting with Wade, who’s he’s been close friends with long before they connected professionally in Miami.