- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
- Here’s Why the Cavs Might Still End Up With R.J. Barrett on Draft Night
- Report: Cavs to Meet With Duke University’s Cam Reddish
Dwyane Wade Reveals What Number He Will Wear for 2017-18 Season
- Updated: September 27, 2017
McMenamin tweeted that Wade will wear No. 9 for the Cavs. Wade has famously worn the No. 3 jersey for his entire NBA career up to this point, but point guard Isaiah Thomas was given that number upon being traded to the Cavs earlier this summer.
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) September 27, 2017
While it may seem like bad luck for Wade to switch away from the number that has brought him so much success, the No. 9 jersey has its own history as well. Wade helped win the Olympic gold medal for the United States in 2008 and 2012 wearing No. 9. Now, Wade will look to add a championship to its legacy as well.