- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Dwyane Wade Reveals What Number He Will Wear for 2017-18 Season
- Updated: September 27, 2017
McMenamin tweeted that Wade will wear No. 9 for the Cavs. Wade has famously worn the No. 3 jersey for his entire NBA career up to this point, but point guard Isaiah Thomas was given that number upon being traded to the Cavs earlier this summer.
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) September 27, 2017
While it may seem like bad luck for Wade to switch away from the number that has brought him so much success, the No. 9 jersey has its own history as well. Wade helped win the Olympic gold medal for the United States in 2008 and 2012 wearing No. 9. Now, Wade will look to add a championship to its legacy as well.