- Report: Cavs Teammates Were Rolling Their Eyes at Cedi Osman Early in the Season
- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
- Channing Frye Explains Why Detroit Pistons Are Going to Be Dangerous in Playoffs
- Dan Gilbert, Larry Drew, and Channing Frye Offer Huge Praise for Collin Sexton
- Report: Kevin Love Questionable vs. Detroit Pistons With New Injury
- Cedi Osman Sends Message to Team USA Amid FIBA World Cup Match
- Kyrie Irving Says LeBron James Was ‘Thirsty for Rebounds’ With Cavs
- Collin Sexton Breaks Cavs Rookie Record Set by LeBron James
- J.R. Smith Says He’s Beaten Kyrie Irving, Carmelo Anthony, Other All-Stars 1-on-1
Report: People Close to LeBron James ‘Confident’ Dwyane Wade Will Join Cavs
- Updated: August 22, 2017
The prospect of Dwyane Wade playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers has only been speculation, considering he’s still under contract with the rebuilding Chicago Bulls. However, a new report that cites “people close to” LeBron James indicates that this could very well happen at some point during the 2017-18 season.
Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com, who covers the Cavaliers, appeared on a podcast and offered the following information:
“As of right now, people close to James are fairly confident that, at some point this year, Dwyane Wade is going to end up on the Cavs.”
However, that would require the Bulls to buy out Wade from a contract that will pay him $23.8 million for the upcoming campaign. If and when that happens, the Cavaliers will have competition for Wade’s services with the Miami Heat, Wade’s former team. The Heat can pay him more, though Wade’s close friendship with James and the Cavaliers’ better chances at winning an NBA title may also sway the 35-year-old guard.