- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
Report: People Close to LeBron James ‘Confident’ Dwyane Wade Will Join Cavs
- Updated: August 22, 2017
The prospect of Dwyane Wade playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers has only been speculation, considering he’s still under contract with the rebuilding Chicago Bulls. However, a new report that cites “people close to” LeBron James indicates that this could very well happen at some point during the 2017-18 season.
Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com, who covers the Cavaliers, appeared on a podcast and offered the following information:
“As of right now, people close to James are fairly confident that, at some point this year, Dwyane Wade is going to end up on the Cavs.”
However, that would require the Bulls to buy out Wade from a contract that will pay him $23.8 million for the upcoming campaign. If and when that happens, the Cavaliers will have competition for Wade’s services with the Miami Heat, Wade’s former team. The Heat can pay him more, though Wade’s close friendship with James and the Cavaliers’ better chances at winning an NBA title may also sway the 35-year-old guard.