- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Report: People Close to LeBron James ‘Confident’ Dwyane Wade Will Join Cavs
- Updated: August 22, 2017
The prospect of Dwyane Wade playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers has only been speculation, considering he’s still under contract with the rebuilding Chicago Bulls. However, a new report that cites “people close to” LeBron James indicates that this could very well happen at some point during the 2017-18 season.
Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com, who covers the Cavaliers, appeared on a podcast and offered the following information:
“As of right now, people close to James are fairly confident that, at some point this year, Dwyane Wade is going to end up on the Cavs.”
However, that would require the Bulls to buy out Wade from a contract that will pay him $23.8 million for the upcoming campaign. If and when that happens, the Cavaliers will have competition for Wade’s services with the Miami Heat, Wade’s former team. The Heat can pay him more, though Wade’s close friendship with James and the Cavaliers’ better chances at winning an NBA title may also sway the 35-year-old guard.