- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
Report: Kevin Love to Host Cavs Minicamp in New York City Next Week
- Updated: September 5, 2019
On Thursday, it was reported by Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com that Love will be hosting a camp next week.
“Kevin Love’s incredible summer isn’t all about touring the country, dressing like a cowboy, climbing mountains, riding horses and flying helicopters,” Fedor wrote, referencing Love’s action-packed summer vacation. “It’s also about preparing for the 2019-20 season.
“Love, who has taken a prominent leadership role during this post-LeBron James rebuild, is organizing a team minicamp in New York next week, league sources tell cleveland.com.”
The 2019-20 season won’t only be a big one for the Cavs as a whole, but for Love as an individual player as well. The former All-Star is coming off of the least productive season of his career. He played just 22 games last season due to undergoing surgery on his foot.
For the Cavs this season, the hope is that rookies like Darius Garland, Kevin Porter Jr., and Dylan Windler will make a smooth transition to the next level. Another important thing to look out for is if youngsters like Collin Sexton and Cedi Osman can also take that next leap.
As the lone All-Star and clear veteran leader of the team, Love is somewhat responsible for helping foster opportunities for his young teammates to grow.
Hosting a minicamp weeks before players have to report for training camp is certainly a great way to do just that.