- Report: Delonte West checks into rehab facility after photo of him begging on street goes viral
- Cavs News: Kevin Love leaves team’s Cleveland bubble
- Report: Significant concerns emerging about Anthony Edwards as he gets compared to Dion Waiters
- Richard Jefferson throws shade at Los Angeles Clippers while praising Miami Heat
- Kevin Love acknowledges that he was big part in helping LeBron James win titles
- Kevin Love explains how important playing in front of crowds is to LeBron James
- Larry Nance Jr. responds with jubilation that Cavs and Tristan Thompson have ‘mutual interest’
- Koby Altman opens up on what Cavs plan to do with No. 5 overall pick
- Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
Report: Kevin Love to Host Cavs Minicamp in New York City Next Week
- Updated: September 5, 2019
On Thursday, it was reported by Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com that Love will be hosting a camp next week.
“Kevin Love’s incredible summer isn’t all about touring the country, dressing like a cowboy, climbing mountains, riding horses and flying helicopters,” Fedor wrote, referencing Love’s action-packed summer vacation. “It’s also about preparing for the 2019-20 season.
“Love, who has taken a prominent leadership role during this post-LeBron James rebuild, is organizing a team minicamp in New York next week, league sources tell cleveland.com.”
The 2019-20 season won’t only be a big one for the Cavs as a whole, but for Love as an individual player as well. The former All-Star is coming off of the least productive season of his career. He played just 22 games last season due to undergoing surgery on his foot.
For the Cavs this season, the hope is that rookies like Darius Garland, Kevin Porter Jr., and Dylan Windler will make a smooth transition to the next level. Another important thing to look out for is if youngsters like Collin Sexton and Cedi Osman can also take that next leap.
As the lone All-Star and clear veteran leader of the team, Love is somewhat responsible for helping foster opportunities for his young teammates to grow.
Hosting a minicamp weeks before players have to report for training camp is certainly a great way to do just that.