- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: Kevin Love and Larry Nance Jr. Will Hold Mini-Camp for Cavs
- Updated: September 1, 2019
While the Cleveland Cavaliers will be holding their training camp in less than a month, a couple Cavs veterans want to get the ball rolling before then.
“Kevin Love and Nance are planning a voluntary mini-camp for players in a few weeks,” he wrote.
Love, 30, is the oldest player on the Cavs’ roster. Although Love missed most of last season due to injuries, the forward is aiming to be more active this upcoming season. The veteran put up 17.0 points and 10.9 rebounds in just 22 games last year.
Nance, 26, took a big step in elevating his game during the 2018-19 campaign. Experiencing a career year last season, the 6-foot-9 forward averaged 9.4 points and 8.2 boards per contest.
Stepping into a more prominent leadership role, the four-year pro has taken the team’s rookies under his wing this summer. From bringing them to a Cleveland Browns practice, to working out with them, Nance is making sure the team’s newest additions feel comfortable and ready to go ahead of a big season.
The voluntary mini-camp will surely increase the team’s chemistry and camaraderie, as well.