- Darius Garland Organizes Cleanup in Downtown Nashville After Bouts of Vandalism and Destruction
- Video: J.R. Smith Expresses Deep Regret After Beating Up White Kid
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Powerful Post on Racial Injustices With Photo of Kobe Bryant
- Video: J.R. Smith Seen Viciously Beating Up Kid for Breaking His Car Window
- Report: Cavs Trying to Drill 2 Key Values Into Kevin Porter Jr. to Help Him Realize His ‘Immense Potential’
- Video: J.R. Smith Says He Beat White Kid’s A– After Getting His Car Window Broken
- J.R. Smith and Jordan Clarkson Join Chaotic Protests in Los Angeles
- Report: Cavs Will Not Shy Away From Drafting LaMelo Ball Despite Being Guard-Heavy
- Report: Cavs, Warriors, Wolves, Hawks Not Likely to Be Included in NBA Resumption
- Report: Cavs Could Be in Jeopardy of Being One of NBA Teams Not Selected to Return
Report: Kevin Love and Larry Nance Jr. Will Hold Mini-Camp for Cavs
- Updated: September 1, 2019
While the Cleveland Cavaliers will be holding their training camp in less than a month, a couple Cavs veterans want to get the ball rolling before then.
“Kevin Love and Nance are planning a voluntary mini-camp for players in a few weeks,” he wrote.
Love, 30, is the oldest player on the Cavs’ roster. Although Love missed most of last season due to injuries, the forward is aiming to be more active this upcoming season. The veteran put up 17.0 points and 10.9 rebounds in just 22 games last year.
Nance, 26, took a big step in elevating his game during the 2018-19 campaign. Experiencing a career year last season, the 6-foot-9 forward averaged 9.4 points and 8.2 boards per contest.
Stepping into a more prominent leadership role, the four-year pro has taken the team’s rookies under his wing this summer. From bringing them to a Cleveland Browns practice, to working out with them, Nance is making sure the team’s newest additions feel comfortable and ready to go ahead of a big season.
The voluntary mini-camp will surely increase the team’s chemistry and camaraderie, as well.