- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
- Report: Darius Garland ‘Feels Snubbed and Disrespected’ by Exclusion From All-Rookie Teams
Report: Kevin Love and Larry Nance Jr. Will Hold Mini-Camp for Cavs
- Updated: September 1, 2019
While the Cleveland Cavaliers will be holding their training camp in less than a month, a couple Cavs veterans want to get the ball rolling before then.
“Kevin Love and Nance are planning a voluntary mini-camp for players in a few weeks,” he wrote.
Love, 30, is the oldest player on the Cavs’ roster. Although Love missed most of last season due to injuries, the forward is aiming to be more active this upcoming season. The veteran put up 17.0 points and 10.9 rebounds in just 22 games last year.
Nance, 26, took a big step in elevating his game during the 2018-19 campaign. Experiencing a career year last season, the 6-foot-9 forward averaged 9.4 points and 8.2 boards per contest.
Stepping into a more prominent leadership role, the four-year pro has taken the team’s rookies under his wing this summer. From bringing them to a Cleveland Browns practice, to working out with them, Nance is making sure the team’s newest additions feel comfortable and ready to go ahead of a big season.
The voluntary mini-camp will surely increase the team’s chemistry and camaraderie, as well.