- Jordan Clarkson Tells Channing Frye to ‘Shut Up’ After He Gets Roasted in Hilarious Fashion
- John Beilein Rips Referees for Traveling Calls on Cavs: ‘It’s Not Fair’
- Kyrie Irving ‘Coward’ Signs Spotted in Boston Ahead of Celtics-Nets Matchup
- Tristan Thompson Says Collin Sexton and Darius Garland Are Different: ‘They’re Not Douchebags’
- Report: Cavs to Eventually Demote Collin Sexton to Bench Role
- Darius Garland Speaks on Recent Improvement: ‘It’s Starting to Slow Down for Me’
- Report: Rival Executives Expected Trail Blazers to Target Kevin Love After Zach Collins Injury
- LeBron James Hilariously Reacts to Richard Jefferson Trolling New York Knicks
- Kevin Love Not Buying That Kyrie Irving Is a Bad Teammate
- Tristan Thompson Calls Kyrie Irving ‘Great Teammate,’ Says Cavs Will Retire His Jersey
Report: Kevin Love and Larry Nance Jr. Will Hold Mini-Camp for Cavs
- Updated: September 1, 2019
While the Cleveland Cavaliers will be holding their training camp in less than a month, a couple Cavs veterans want to get the ball rolling before then.
“Kevin Love and Nance are planning a voluntary mini-camp for players in a few weeks,” he wrote.
Love, 30, is the oldest player on the Cavs’ roster. Although Love missed most of last season due to injuries, the forward is aiming to be more active this upcoming season. The veteran put up 17.0 points and 10.9 rebounds in just 22 games last year.
Nance, 26, took a big step in elevating his game during the 2018-19 campaign. Experiencing a career year last season, the 6-foot-9 forward averaged 9.4 points and 8.2 boards per contest.
Stepping into a more prominent leadership role, the four-year pro has taken the team’s rookies under his wing this summer. From bringing them to a Cleveland Browns practice, to working out with them, Nance is making sure the team’s newest additions feel comfortable and ready to go ahead of a big season.
The voluntary mini-camp will surely increase the team’s chemistry and camaraderie, as well.