- Jordan Clarkson Tells Channing Frye to ‘Shut Up’ After He Gets Roasted in Hilarious Fashion
- John Beilein Rips Referees for Traveling Calls on Cavs: ‘It’s Not Fair’
- Kyrie Irving ‘Coward’ Signs Spotted in Boston Ahead of Celtics-Nets Matchup
- Tristan Thompson Says Collin Sexton and Darius Garland Are Different: ‘They’re Not Douchebags’
- Report: Cavs to Eventually Demote Collin Sexton to Bench Role
- Darius Garland Speaks on Recent Improvement: ‘It’s Starting to Slow Down for Me’
- Report: Rival Executives Expected Trail Blazers to Target Kevin Love After Zach Collins Injury
- LeBron James Hilariously Reacts to Richard Jefferson Trolling New York Knicks
- Kevin Love Not Buying That Kyrie Irving Is a Bad Teammate
- Tristan Thompson Calls Kyrie Irving ‘Great Teammate,’ Says Cavs Will Retire His Jersey
Cavs Rumors: Tristan Thompson Has Extended Range to Fit Into New System
- Updated: September 21, 2019
With the start of the 2019-20 NBA season around the corner, many players are eager to show off their new skills.
Over the offseason, players have added different gears, styles and nuances to their game.
Cleveland Cavaliers big man Tristan Thompson, who has worked on extending his range, is among the ambitious group to have enhanced their production over the summer, according to Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com:
“Thompson has worked on extending his range this summer, recognizing how new head coach John Beilein typically values shooting and floor spacing.”
Thompson, 28, is already one of the Cavs’ best players. Despite being limited to 43 games, the center put up 10.9 points in addition to a career-high 10.2 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game last season. Now, the 2016 champion is looking to increase his scoring with an improved jump shot.
However, it also appears Thompson may be trying to appease new Cavs head coach John Beilein in order to attain a more prominent role in the rotation.
With Beilein particularly impressed with bigs who can shoot and space the floor, Thompson’s new shooting style is sure to satisfy the former University of Michigan head coach.
The Cavaliers’ training camp gets underway in the next few weeks.