- Tristan Thompson’s Statement After Cavs Loss: ‘Rather Lose Like This Than Any Other F——— Way’
- Report: John Beilein Reached Out to 76ers Coach on How to Deal With Struggling Cavs
- Report: Portland Trail Blazers Could Package Hassan Whiteside, 1st-Round Pick for Kevin Love
- Report: Denver Nuggets Could Package Multiple Players in Trade for Kevin Love
- Report: NBA Execs Believe Kevin Love Deal Unlikely to Net Cavs More Than 1st-Round Pick
- Report: Kevin Love Prefers Trade to Title Contender
- Video: Philadelphia 76ers Announcer Rips Apart Kevin Porter Jr. During Broadcast
- Report: Members of Cavs Organization Call Out Kevin Love’s ‘Lousy Body Language’
- Kevin Love and Jordan Clarkson Send Prayers to Rodney Hood After Devastating Injury
- Report: Cavs to Field Offers for Kevin Love That Include Young Players and Draft Picks
Report: Cavs Insider Gives Update on Front Office’s ‘Long’ Coaching Search
- Updated: April 22, 2019
One new report suggests that the final decision doesn’t figure to be coming anytime soon.
#Cavs coaching search enters Week 2 in what I've been told will be "long process." Team expected to conduct more interviews as playoff first-round series conclude.
— Tom Withers (@twithersAP) April 22, 2019
Drew had taken over the Cavaliers’ head coaching role after Tyronn Lue was fired following an 0-6 start. Drew’s final numbers weren’t much better at 19-57 for the remainder of the season, though the combination of injuries, trades and a focus on rebuilding effectively limited the chances of seeing much improvement.
In the 14 years with Dan Gilbert, the head coaching position has been something of a revolving door, with seven different coaches taking over the role during the eight changes made. That latter fact is the result of Gilbert hiring Mike Brown twice, the first time coming in 2005 and the second taking place in 2013.
A number of names of potential coaches have already popped up, including Miami Heat assistant Juwan Howard. In addition, one report indicated that Gilbert had spoken with disgraced coach Rick Pitino about the position.
The individual that is hired will have a number of quality players to serve as the cornerstone of the Cavaliers’ rebuild. One of those players is currently unknown, since he’ll eventually be a high draft pick in June’s NBA draft.
In addition, the Cavaliers also acquired a first-round pick from Houston when they made a three-team deadline deal involving one of their former players, Alec Burks.