- Report: Andre Drummond to Pick Up $28.7M Player Option to Stay With Cavs Next Season
- Report: Andre Drummond ‘Near Certainty’ to Return to Cavs With Option Date Updated
- Kevin Love Donates $500,000 to UCLA’s Psychology Department for Mental Health Awareness
- Video: Kevin Love Releases Heartfelt Message After Winning Prestigious ESPY Award
- Jordan Clarkson Disses Donald Trump After Latest Coronavirus Comments: ‘This Is the Dumbest S–t I Heard’
- Andre Drummond Hypes Up Darius Garland After He Breaks Ankles in Scrimmage Video
- Why Cavs Have Extensive Knowledge on Deni Avdija Because of J.B. Bickerstaff
- Report: Cavs Continue to Use Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum as Model for Darius Garland, Collin Sexton
- Tristan Thompson Reminisces on Cavs Championship as ‘Legendary Father’s Day’
- Numbers Show That Cavs Rookie Darius Garland Was NBA’s Worst Player This Season
Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Have ‘Real Shot’ at DeAndre Jordan
- Updated: January 29, 2018
The trade on Monday of Blake Griffin from the Los Angeles Clippers to the Detroit Pistons could apparently be the first in a series of trades by the Clippers who have likely begun a rebuilding process. That’s potentially led to the Cleveland Cavaliers being a strong contender for the services of Clippers’ center DeAndre Jordan, according to one basketball insider.
Could you see the Cavs getting deandre now??
— Cade Martin (@20CadeM) January 30, 2018
Cavs and Bucks have a real shot. https://t.co/FeGwsaXIkA
— Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) January 30, 2018
While there’s no indication of who the Clippers would be asking for in return, past reports have centered on Tristan Thompson and Iman Shumpert as the main candidates to be moved. However, the likelihood is that the Clippers will expect the Brooklyn pick acquired by the Cavs last year to be included in any package.
The NBA trade deadline ends a week from this Thursday, which doesn’t afford the Cavaliers a great deal of time in making the deal. However, considering the Jordan-to-Cleveland rumors first surfaced two months ago, they’ve had plenty of time to consider all of their options.