- Tristan Thompson Says City of Cleveland Has Best Sports Fans
- Report: Kevin Love and Charlamagne tha God to Collaborate on Mental Health Talk
- Report: Cavs From 2016 Championship Team Wore Rings for Fred McLeod’s Funeral
- Cleveland Indians Honor Fred McLeod With Moment of Silence Before Game
- J.R. Smith Pays Respect to Shaun Livingston After He Announces Retirement
- Report: Cavs Insider Ranks Team’s 5 Most Valuable Trade Pieces
- Sports Illustrated Ranks Kevin Love in Top 50 of Best NBA Players of 2020 List
- Ben Simmons Clowns Darius Garland’s NBA 2K20 Player via Social Media
- Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Pens Emotional Statement After Passing of Fred McLeod
- Austin Carr Can’t Hold Back Tears When Discussing Partnership With Fred McLeod
Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Have ‘Real Shot’ at DeAndre Jordan
- Updated: January 29, 2018
The trade on Monday of Blake Griffin from the Los Angeles Clippers to the Detroit Pistons could apparently be the first in a series of trades by the Clippers who have likely begun a rebuilding process. That’s potentially led to the Cleveland Cavaliers being a strong contender for the services of Clippers’ center DeAndre Jordan, according to one basketball insider.
Could you see the Cavs getting deandre now??
— Cade Martin (@20CadeM) January 30, 2018
Cavs and Bucks have a real shot. https://t.co/FeGwsaXIkA
— Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) January 30, 2018
While there’s no indication of who the Clippers would be asking for in return, past reports have centered on Tristan Thompson and Iman Shumpert as the main candidates to be moved. However, the likelihood is that the Clippers will expect the Brooklyn pick acquired by the Cavs last year to be included in any package.
The NBA trade deadline ends a week from this Thursday, which doesn’t afford the Cavaliers a great deal of time in making the deal. However, considering the Jordan-to-Cleveland rumors first surfaced two months ago, they’ve had plenty of time to consider all of their options.