- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Have ‘Real Shot’ at DeAndre Jordan
- Updated: January 29, 2018
The trade on Monday of Blake Griffin from the Los Angeles Clippers to the Detroit Pistons could apparently be the first in a series of trades by the Clippers who have likely begun a rebuilding process. That’s potentially led to the Cleveland Cavaliers being a strong contender for the services of Clippers’ center DeAndre Jordan, according to one basketball insider.
Could you see the Cavs getting deandre now??
— Cade Martin (@20CadeM) January 30, 2018
Cavs and Bucks have a real shot. https://t.co/FeGwsaXIkA
— Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) January 30, 2018
While there’s no indication of who the Clippers would be asking for in return, past reports have centered on Tristan Thompson and Iman Shumpert as the main candidates to be moved. However, the likelihood is that the Clippers will expect the Brooklyn pick acquired by the Cavs last year to be included in any package.
The NBA trade deadline ends a week from this Thursday, which doesn’t afford the Cavaliers a great deal of time in making the deal. However, considering the Jordan-to-Cleveland rumors first surfaced two months ago, they’ve had plenty of time to consider all of their options.