- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Report: Cavs to Interview Juwan Howard and Jamahl Mosley for Head Coaching Job
- Updated: April 14, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers are hitting the ground running when it comes to their search for a new head coach.
According to a Sunday report by Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN, the Cavs have already pegged two current assistant coaches for interviews next week:
“The Cleveland Cavaliers will begin conducting interviews in their coaching search this week, including meetings with Miami assistant Juwan Howard and Dallas assistant Jamahl Mosley, league sources told ESPN.”
Howard of course first gained fame as a member of the Fab Five at the University of Michigan. He went on to have an incredibly successful playing career in the NBA, playing for just under two decades.
Shortly after his playing career ended, his coaching career began with the Miami Heat. He has been serving as an assistant coach under Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra since 2013.
As for Mosely, he has served as an assistant coach for the Mavs, Denver Nuggets, and Cavs. He worked with the Cavs from 2010 to 2014. Thanks to that, he is likely very familiar with what the Cavs may need in a head coach when it comes to the next stage of their current rebuilding process.
It is likely that these two names are far from the only two coaches the Cavs will interview in the coming weeks.
Still, it is quite apparent from this report that Cavs general manager Koby Altman and team owner Dan Gilbert are very interested in hiring some fresh blood rather than bringing in an established head coach.