- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
J.R. Smith Stars in Hilarious Commercial for Upcoming ‘The Grinch’ Film
- Updated: October 18, 2018
Smith himself posted the commercial to his own Instagram page, and the topic of the advert is a clear sign that the guard still knows how to poke fun at himself.
At this point, Smith taking off his shirt should never come as a surprise. It has, in may ways, become his trademark move. What is perhaps more surprising is that he was willing to poke fun at his epic miscue that came in the final seconds of Game 1 of the 2018 NBA Finals.
Aside from starring in movie commercials, Smith is currently working to get back on the court after elbow soreness and an MRI left him unable to participate in Wednesday night’s 2018-19 season opener. While no structural damage was found in the elbow, it is possible Smith will miss more time to rehab the injury.
In the end, this commercial serves as a reminder that basketball is just a game and a form of entertainment just like a movie. It may feel like life and death sometimes, but what matters most is that the players and fans all have fun.
There are few players in the NBA better at reminding people of that very fact than Smith.