- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
J.R. Smith Stars in Hilarious Commercial for Upcoming ‘The Grinch’ Film
- Updated: October 18, 2018
Smith himself posted the commercial to his own Instagram page, and the topic of the advert is a clear sign that the guard still knows how to poke fun at himself.
At this point, Smith taking off his shirt should never come as a surprise. It has, in may ways, become his trademark move. What is perhaps more surprising is that he was willing to poke fun at his epic miscue that came in the final seconds of Game 1 of the 2018 NBA Finals.
Aside from starring in movie commercials, Smith is currently working to get back on the court after elbow soreness and an MRI left him unable to participate in Wednesday night’s 2018-19 season opener. While no structural damage was found in the elbow, it is possible Smith will miss more time to rehab the injury.
In the end, this commercial serves as a reminder that basketball is just a game and a form of entertainment just like a movie. It may feel like life and death sometimes, but what matters most is that the players and fans all have fun.
There are few players in the NBA better at reminding people of that very fact than Smith.