- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Kevin Love Finally Breaks His Silence On LeBron Leaving Cavs For Lakers
- Updated: August 16, 2018
It’s been over a month since LeBron James chose to leave the Cleveland Cavaliers and join the Los Angeles Lakers in free agency. With his departure, Kevin Love is the new leader of the Cavs franchise, and as a leader, Love has finally begun to express his thoughts on his longtime teammate’s departure.
While Love must be somewhat disappointed that he will no longer get to play alongside one of the greatest players in NBA history, it is clear through his words that he respects James a great deal.
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) August 16, 2018
“I had somewhat of an idea. I had, like everybody, weighed the options and kinda had an idea of where he might go, but I knew it was probably between Cleveland and Los Angeles,” Love said. “I think he’s always looking for a different challenge, he’s always wondering what’s next and it feels like sometimes he’s playing chess and everybody else is playing checkers. He’s very, very mentally strong, knows the game of basketball so well, and sometimes there’s something that he sees that other people don’t.
“Making it to four straight Finals, helping the most, him helping the most in us winning a championship in 2016. I think he might have been looking for something different, and a change, and the next chapter for him, and here we are.”
As always, Love is able to express his thoughts eloquently and thoughtfully. There is no doubt that he and James were able to achieve incredible things together over the past four seasons. There is also little doubt that while James will likely go down as the greatest player to ever put on a Cavaliers jersey, Love won’t be too far behind.
James let go of the torch when it comes to who will lead the Cavs into the future, but he couldn’t have passed it on to a more deserving player or person than Love.