- Dan Gilbert Says ‘It All Revolves Around the Sun, Which Is Him’ When LeBron James Was on Cavs
- John Beilein Says Collin Sexton Is Big Reason Why He Joined Cavs
- Richard Jefferson’s 3 Hilarious Tweets Sum Up Warriors-Blazers Series Perfectly
- Cavs News: Collin Sexton Named to All-Rookie Second Team
- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
Kevin Love Sends Heartfelt Tribute to Cleveland After Signing Extension
- Updated: July 24, 2018
It wasn’t long before the All-Star big man took to social media to celebrate that fantastic news. He did so by posting an epic picture from within Quicken Loans Arena, where he signed his extension.
Love expanded on his sense of gratitude in the Cavs’ official announcement of the extension.
“When I first came to Cleveland, I came with a long-term mindset,” Love said. “I came here to win. We developed a culture here that reflects that. I’m super excited and I couldn’t be happier. It’s a big commitment for me and it’s a big commitment from the Cavaliers, so I want to thank Dan Gilbert, Koby Altman and the entire organization. I enjoy playing here, I’m excited about the team that we have and look forward to our future together. Cleveland fans have been special from day one and I’m also looking forward to continuing to be a part of this great community.”
With the departure of LeBron James earlier this month, it is clear that the team Love was traded to back in 2014 is a thing of the past. After four seasons of often being the second or third offensive option, Love will look to lead a talented, but inexperienced Cavs team in the 2018-19 season.
Based on his reaction, it seems he couldn’t be more excited for the challenge.