- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
- Report: Darius Garland ‘Feels Snubbed and Disrespected’ by Exclusion From All-Rookie Teams
Cavs Rumors: Sources Reveal Specific Reason Kyrie Irving Wants to Join Knicks ‘Very Badly’
- Updated: July 27, 2017
That’s because Yahoo Sports’ Jordan Schultz took to Twitter to explain that Irving is very intrigued by the prospect of playing with Knicks star Kristaps Porzingis in head coach Jeff Hornacek‘s system, which would allow Irving to control the ball in a fast-paced offense.
I'm told Kyrie is enthused by idea of playing w/Porzingis in a Hornacek system which will allow him to a) control the ball and b) run a lot. https://t.co/6m94T4hI2k
— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) July 27, 2017
It was also reported that one of the primary reasons Irving wants to leave the Cavaliers is because he wants to be the face of a franchise and no longer play in LeBron James‘ shadow. With the Knicks, Irving would have the opportunity to compete with Porzingis, a young and improving star, and be that face he so desperately desires.
It seems Irving’s intentions are clear, but what really matters in trade discussions going forward is what the Cavaliers want in return.