- Report: Cavs have begun exploring trade options for JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs offer major update on when Darius Garland and Collin Sexton could return
- Andre Drummond offers powerful message of support after Kevin Porter Jr. rejoins Cavs
- Former Cavs big man emphatically predicts team will trade Andre Drummond
- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
Cavs Rumors: Sources Reveal Specific Reason Kyrie Irving Wants to Join Knicks ‘Very Badly’
- Updated: July 27, 2017
That’s because Yahoo Sports’ Jordan Schultz took to Twitter to explain that Irving is very intrigued by the prospect of playing with Knicks star Kristaps Porzingis in head coach Jeff Hornacek‘s system, which would allow Irving to control the ball in a fast-paced offense.
I'm told Kyrie is enthused by idea of playing w/Porzingis in a Hornacek system which will allow him to a) control the ball and b) run a lot. https://t.co/6m94T4hI2k
— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) July 27, 2017
It was also reported that one of the primary reasons Irving wants to leave the Cavaliers is because he wants to be the face of a franchise and no longer play in LeBron James‘ shadow. With the Knicks, Irving would have the opportunity to compete with Porzingis, a young and improving star, and be that face he so desperately desires.
It seems Irving’s intentions are clear, but what really matters in trade discussions going forward is what the Cavaliers want in return.