- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Charles Barkley Takes a Shot at LeBron James, Compares Him to Kobe Bryant
- Updated: August 27, 2016
TNT analyst Charles Barkley has never been one to bite his tongue, and he certainly didn’t do that on Friday during his appearance on the 94WIP Morning Show with Howard Eskin.
During a particular segment on the show, Barkley and Eskin discussed Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James and what he said recently about chasing the “ghost” of Michael Jordan as the greatest basketball player of all-time.
Here’s what Barkley had to say:
“The only problem I have with it, I don’t know how he just passes Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan … Now if he wins a couple more championships, yeah he’s in that conversation, but that’s a long way to go.”
The Hall of Famer then went on to list his top five players of all-time, which included Jordan, Oscar Robertson, Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. He then went on to say that Bryant and Duncan ranked sixth and seventh respectively, while James was eighth on his list.
Whether James is on Barkley’s top five list or not, there’s not doubt that when The King’s career is all said and done, he will go down as one of the greatest basketball players of all-time.