- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
- J.R. Smith says Cavs championship team was ‘grittier,’ ‘nastier,’ and played ‘harder’ than Lakers
- Report: Celtics monitoring ‘uncomfortable’ contract talks between Cavs and Andre Drummond
Cavs News: Kevin Love Expected to Play Tonight vs. Bulls
- Updated: January 19, 2015
After sitting out Friday night’s victory over the Los Angeles Clippers due to back spasms, Cleveland Cavaliers power forward Kevin Love is expected to play in tonight’s home game against the Chicago Bulls, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
When asked by reporters during morning shootaround whether he would be able play or not, Love said, “With how I felt yesterday in practice and then how I responded, I believe so.” He added, “It’s just weird. I don’t know what causes it, but when it does happen, it’s pretty paralyzing.”
Love played 37 minutes in Thursday night’s win over the Los Angeles Lakers, but left the game after drawing a charging call late in the game.
Not seeing action last Friday marked the second game that Love had missed this season due to the back issue. On December 31, he sat out the loss to the Milwaukee Bucks after he left the game in Atlanta the previous night when his back tightened.
In the 39 games that Love has played thus far, he’s averaging 17.7 points per game and 10.3 rebounds a contest. Those numbers have led him to collect 22 double-doubles on the year.