- Kendrick Perkins Rips Apart Kyle Kuzma, Calls for Dion Waiters to Get More Playing Time
- NBA Executive Doubts Kyrie Irving Will Respect Steve Nash as Head Coach
- Kevin Love Reacts to Ongoing Feud Between Richard Jefferson and Scottie Pippen
- Scottie Pippen Destroys Richard Jefferson for Saying Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘Might Be a Pippen’
- Richard Jefferson Crucifies Giannis Antetokounmpo, Compares Him to Scottie Pippen
- Report: Multiple Cavs Veterans Will Not Participate in Team’s Voluntary Minicamp
- Cavs Fans Livid After Team Decides to Honor Michael Jordan on Iconic Statement Edition Uniforms
- Andre Drummond Goes After Donald Trump Following Latest Attack on NBA Protests
- Richard Jefferson Destroys Giannis Antetokounmpo for Not Guarding Jimmy Butler in Game 1
- Report: Cavs Looking at These 3 Players With No. 5 Overall Pick
Kevin Durant Takes at Richard Jefferson After His Criticism of Warriors
- Updated: April 8, 2019
As the news got out, Durant made sure to respond to the criticism in a comment on Instagram:
KD’s listening… pic.twitter.com/KJBTUt6awC
— Bleacher Report NBA (@BR_NBA) April 7, 2019
Durant, 30, left the Oklahoma City Thunder to join the Warriors back in the summer of 2016. The shocking relocation took place months after the Cavs beat the 73-9 Warriors in the NBA Finals. Jefferson was on that historic Cavs team that dethroned the Warriors and brought the Cavs organization its first championship in franchise history.
While the Cavs were the defending champions the following year, there was no beating a team with NBA greats Durant and Stephen Curry in their prime. Although the Cavs matched up with the Warriors in the NBA Finals again in 2017 and 2018, they were destroyed easily as Durant won Finals MVP both years.
Jefferson, 38, announced his retirement from the NBA just before the 2018-19 regular season. The 2016 champion finished his career with averages of 12.6 points, 4.0 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game.