- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Cavs News: Kyrie Irving Expected Back Tonight vs. Rockets
- Updated: January 7, 2015
After missing Monday night’s game against the Philadelphia 76ers, Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving is expected to return to the starting lineup for Wednesday night’s clash against the Houston Rockets, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
Kyrie Irving returns for Cavs tonight against Houston. Says he feels great.
— Ethan J. Skolnick (@EthanJSkolnick) January 7, 2015
Irving sat out the 95-92 loss to the 76ers due to a sore lower back injury that he sustained during last Friday’s win against the Charlotte Hornets. While he finished that game, including hitting a pair of clinching free throws, he was forced to sit the subsequent game against the Dallas Mavericks on Sunday afternoon.
Late last month, Irving sat out two games with a knee bruise. Prior to this season, Irving sustained a number of much more serious injuries, but has not had any major issues this year.
Smith and Iman Shumpert, who were obtained from the New York Knicks in a three-team deal for Dion Waiters on Monday night, attended the morning shootaround, but must wait until all players involved in the deal have been given physicals.
Shumpert definitely won’t dress for the game, since he is in the final stages of recovering from a dislocated shoulder that’s kept him out of action for the past three weeks.