- Cavs Rumors: Growing Belief That NBA Won’t Create 2nd Bubble for 8 Eliminated Teams
- Report: Cavs Were ‘Livid’ to Be Left Out of NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Deems Anthony Davis ‘Monstar’ After Huge Game in NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Emotional Message About Why He Feels Lucky to Be on Cavs
- Dylan Windler Offers Incredibly Positive Update on Injury Recovery
- Tristan Thompson Gets Hyped While Explaining Why LeBron James Is the Best Player in the NBA
- Larry Nance Jr. Breaks Down Why He’s a ‘Huge Fan’ of LaMelo Ball
- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond Exploring ‘Substantial Offer’ for Long-Term Extension
- Report: Cavs Have 1 Draft Prospect ‘Sitting Firmly Towards the Top’ of Their List
- Tristan Thompson Says He Would’ve Asked Lou Williams to Bring Magic City Wings Back to Bubble
Larry Nance Jr. Welcomes Yasiel Puig to Cleveland After Blockbuster Trade
- Updated: July 31, 2019
The NBA world is about as quiet as it gets at the moment, but the world of professional baseball is moving at a wildfire pace as a result of pre-trade deadline moves in the MLB. One such trade resulted in star outfielder Yasiel Puig getting traded to the Cleveland Indians.
Welcome to The Land @YasielPuig ?? Love the fans and they’ll love you back x100!!
The Indians also received Franmil Reyes in an attempt to bolster their batting rotation in the midst of a heated playoff race. The Indians are currently three games back from the Minnesota Twins for the lead in the AL Central and are atop the standings for an AL wildcard bid.
On the season, Puig has a batting average of .252 with 22 home runs and 61 RBIs. Reyes is having a similarly solid season with a batting average of .255 with 27 homers and 46 RBIs.
As for Nance, he is currently living a Cleveland sports fan’s dream. Not only did he get to personally welcome Puig to The Land on Wednesday, he also recently spent some time at the Cleveland Browns’ training camp practice with several Cavs rookies in tow.
With the Indians battling for a postseason spot, and the Browns projected to make serious waves in the upcoming NFL season, it is up to the Cavs to make serious strides in the 2019-20 campaign to not get left behind.