- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. accused of punching a woman in the face in downtown Cleveland
- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
Larry Nance Jr. Welcomes Yasiel Puig to Cleveland After Blockbuster Trade
- Updated: July 31, 2019
The NBA world is about as quiet as it gets at the moment, but the world of professional baseball is moving at a wildfire pace as a result of pre-trade deadline moves in the MLB. One such trade resulted in star outfielder Yasiel Puig getting traded to the Cleveland Indians.
Welcome to The Land @YasielPuig ?? Love the fans and they’ll love you back x100!!
The Indians also received Franmil Reyes in an attempt to bolster their batting rotation in the midst of a heated playoff race. The Indians are currently three games back from the Minnesota Twins for the lead in the AL Central and are atop the standings for an AL wildcard bid.
On the season, Puig has a batting average of .252 with 22 home runs and 61 RBIs. Reyes is having a similarly solid season with a batting average of .255 with 27 homers and 46 RBIs.
As for Nance, he is currently living a Cleveland sports fan’s dream. Not only did he get to personally welcome Puig to The Land on Wednesday, he also recently spent some time at the Cleveland Browns’ training camp practice with several Cavs rookies in tow.
With the Indians battling for a postseason spot, and the Browns projected to make serious waves in the upcoming NFL season, it is up to the Cavs to make serious strides in the 2019-20 campaign to not get left behind.