- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: Cavs Announce Fred McLeod’s Replacement for Upcoming 2019-20 Season
- Updated: September 23, 2019
John Michael will move from his same role calling Cavs games on the radio to announcing contests on Fox Sports Ohio telecasts this season.
NEWS: Northeast Ohio sportscaster Tim Alcorn joins the Cavs as radio play-by-play broadcaster, as John Michael transitions to the role of TV play-by-play announcer on @FOXSportsOH: https://t.co/NaQYffcp4h pic.twitter.com/YEdRBDQlCf
Replacing Michael on play-by-play for radio broadcasts will be Tim Alcorn, who has been a part of the Northeast Ohio sports scene for more than three decades.
Tad Carper, Cavaliers Executive Vice President and Chief Communications Officer, explained the decision to hire Michael as McLeod’s replacement in a release issued by the team.
“The loss of Fred McLeod is something that has hurt all of us greatly. Certainly, we will always carry great thoughts and memories of Fred with us forever,” said Carper. “We are fortunate, though, to have John Michael as part of our broadcast family. John is a very talented, dedicated, hard-working and insightful broadcaster who has a great spectrum of experience and perspective to now bring to our TV broadcasts.”
Former Cavalier Austin Carr will join Michael on Fox Sports Ohio, while Carr’s former Cavs teammate, Jim Chones, will team with Alcorn.
The timing of McLeod’s death, coming less than a month before the opening of the Cavaliers’ training camp, necessitated the quick decisions on the team’s broadcasters.