- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
- Report: Darius Garland ‘Feels Snubbed and Disrespected’ by Exclusion From All-Rookie Teams
Report: Cavs Announce Fred McLeod’s Replacement for Upcoming 2019-20 Season
- Updated: September 23, 2019
John Michael will move from his same role calling Cavs games on the radio to announcing contests on Fox Sports Ohio telecasts this season.
NEWS: Northeast Ohio sportscaster Tim Alcorn joins the Cavs as radio play-by-play broadcaster, as John Michael transitions to the role of TV play-by-play announcer on @FOXSportsOH: https://t.co/NaQYffcp4h pic.twitter.com/YEdRBDQlCf
Replacing Michael on play-by-play for radio broadcasts will be Tim Alcorn, who has been a part of the Northeast Ohio sports scene for more than three decades.
Tad Carper, Cavaliers Executive Vice President and Chief Communications Officer, explained the decision to hire Michael as McLeod’s replacement in a release issued by the team.
“The loss of Fred McLeod is something that has hurt all of us greatly. Certainly, we will always carry great thoughts and memories of Fred with us forever,” said Carper. “We are fortunate, though, to have John Michael as part of our broadcast family. John is a very talented, dedicated, hard-working and insightful broadcaster who has a great spectrum of experience and perspective to now bring to our TV broadcasts.”
Former Cavalier Austin Carr will join Michael on Fox Sports Ohio, while Carr’s former Cavs teammate, Jim Chones, will team with Alcorn.
The timing of McLeod’s death, coming less than a month before the opening of the Cavaliers’ training camp, necessitated the quick decisions on the team’s broadcasters.