- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
- J.R. Smith says Cavs championship team was ‘grittier,’ ‘nastier,’ and played ‘harder’ than Lakers
- Report: Celtics monitoring ‘uncomfortable’ contract talks between Cavs and Andre Drummond
Former Cavs Guard Shows Support for J.R. Smith Owning Stephen A. Smith on Social Media
- Updated: November 28, 2018
Former Cleveland Cavaliers guard Deron Williams is the latest figure to involve himself in the social media feud between J.R. Smith and Stephen A. Smith. Williams took to his Instagram account and voiced his support for J.R. Smith, as shown by the image below.
The back-and-forth between both Smiths began back in Game 1 of the 2018 NBA Finals, when J.R. Smith committed his infamous blunder that cost the Cavs a real shot at winning the game. Ever since that game, J.R. Smith has been continuously receiving flack from NBA fans and sports analysts alike.
Both J.R. Smith and Stephen A. Smith are known to be very vocal, especially on social media. It remains to be seen whether other NBA players will voice their support for the former Smith in the coming days.
Williams was waived by the Dallas Mavericks in February 2017 and signed with the Cavs shortly afterwards. He served as backup point guard to Kyrie Irving for the remainder of the 2016-17 season and 2017 playoffs.