- LeBron James identifies himself with Michael Jordan after video of Cavs member trashing him emerges
- Report: It’s ‘a matter of time’ until Andre Drummond secures a buyout and joins the Brooklyn Nets
- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
Report: Dwyane Wade Initiated Charge Against Kevin Love in January
- Updated: February 16, 2018
Although he would be 36 years old for a bulk of the season, the Cavs got a savvy two-way veteran on the court, and a strong locker room presence off the court. Little did fans know, however, that Wade would be doing more harm than good in the locker room.
As reported by Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com, Wade was an “instigator” during the team’s infamous team meeting on Jan. 22. While most fans believe that former Cavs point guard Isaiah Thomas led the charge against Kevin Love, who was questioned for going home with a sickness, it turns out that Wade is the one who sparked the accusations against Love according to Vardon:
“Yes, Thomas was upset that Kevin Love went home with an illness before a 24-point loss to Oklahoma City had concluded on Jan. 20, and that he was not at practice the following day.
“But, sources said, it was Wade who first made an issue of it at practice Monday, challenging Lue to disclose where Love had been. Numerous players verbally attacked Love, who eventually explained his absence to the team as part of a wide-ranging, heated discussion in which virtually no one was immune from criticism.”
As a close friend of LeBron James, nobody thought that Wade would be an issue coming to a Cavs team with several new pieces. However, fans are slowly learning that Wade, along with Thomas, may have been a big part of the team’s chemistry all along.