- Why the Cavs Would Have Made the Playoffs This Year With a Healthy Kevin Love
- Former Cavs Assistant Coach Hilariously Details Story of J.R. Smith Throwing Soup at Him
- Report: Cavs Teammates Were Rolling Their Eyes at Cedi Osman Early in the Season
- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
- Channing Frye Explains Why Detroit Pistons Are Going to Be Dangerous in Playoffs
- Dan Gilbert, Larry Drew, and Channing Frye Offer Huge Praise for Collin Sexton
- Report: Kevin Love Questionable vs. Detroit Pistons With New Injury
- Cedi Osman Sends Message to Team USA Amid FIBA World Cup Match
- Kyrie Irving Says LeBron James Was ‘Thirsty for Rebounds’ With Cavs
Twitter Explodes After Serge Ibaka-Marquese Chriss Fight
- Updated: March 11, 2019
Fireworks erupted at the end of the third quarter of Monday night’s game between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Toronto Raptors when Cavs forward Marquese Chriss and Raptors big man Serge Ibaka got into an on-court brawl.
It started with Ibaka putting his hands around Chriss’ throat and culminated in the two exchanging punches before being thrown out of the game.
It wasn’t long before fans took to Twitter to express their feelings towards the fight.
YOURE TOO CLOSE MAN pic.twitter.com/Ivt7fI5pGB
— Master (@MasterTes) March 12, 2019
Whatever Chriss said must have really pissed Ibaka off
— Emmett Golden (@egoldie80) March 12, 2019
Always say I’ma mind my business but this is legit how I look when things pop off pic.twitter.com/OzF4aHAWWz
— Jasmine (@JasmineLWatkins) March 12, 2019
Watching Serge Ibaka and Chriss going at it pic.twitter.com/cWUU5AQ8BL
— Jimmy (@jimmy_koski) March 12, 2019
Me right now watching Marquees Chris and Serge Ibaka throw punches at each other. pic.twitter.com/7Qh9E5W0ps
— Jamie (@RealKingJames_) March 12, 2019
One like = one prayer pic.twitter.com/9KUTEC5qSQ
— #RingerNBA (@ringernba) March 12, 2019
— Mike Beauvais (@MikeBeauvais) March 12, 2019
Serge Ibaka is the only person in the Toronto sports scene to show any fight tonight.
— Sid Seixeiro (@Sid_Seixeiro) March 12, 2019
Ibaka should leave the NBA and join Monday Night Raw. pic.twitter.com/jsTEBNi3ej
— Patrick Beck (@patbeck_6) March 12, 2019
— Kevin Batiste (@KBatisteJr) March 12, 2019
Does Serge Ibaka ever land a punch???
— Kevin Fippin (@kfippin) March 12, 2019
They just met and would you run up on serge ibaka all willy nilly? https://t.co/6MCpULHy0f
— Evan Turner (@thekidet) March 12, 2019
It’s clear that fans enjoyed the rare physical altercation in Monday’s game.
What was lost in the scrum was that the Cavs held up to win the game in a dominant fashion, 126-101.
The Cavs have now won six of their last 11 games and are clearly going to finish the 2018-19 campaign in a much stronger fashion than how they started it.