- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Kevin Love Credits Unique Activity for Making Him Better Athlete and Helping Extend Career
- Updated: February 22, 2019
That’s why he’s been such a big advocate for yoga.
“I started doing yoga and practicing yoga really after my rookie season,” said Love in a video published by Nike. “So that was just a way to do something to clear my head but also make my body feel good, which also transitioned into helping my basketball game.”
It should come as no surprise that Love is vocal about yoga. Just last month, he posted on social media about his love for the exercise and his partnership with Nike’s new yoga collection.
“Yoga has made me a better player and a better athlete because we need to be well-oiled machines and focusing on my entire boy from head to feet,” said Love. “Not only for the physical but for the mental has really pushed me in the right direction and help make my career longer.”
Designed for all athletes, the line featured the first yoga-specific clothing for men and is currently available on Nike.com
While not 100 percent yet, Love’s exercise philosophy and physical therapy have helped him rehabilitate from his toe surgery. In Thursday’s game against the Phoenix Suns, he posted 16 points and 11 rebounds in just 22 minutes of action.