- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
LeBron James Sends Heartfelt Message to Cavs Fans After Last Night’s Game
- Updated: November 22, 2018
LeBron James’ return to Northeast Ohio to play against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday night was an emotional experience for everyone inside Quicken Loans Area. Following the game, James issued a heartfelt message to the city of Cleveland and the people who call it home.
Back in 2010, James was welcomed with anger and vitriol when he returned to Cleveland as a member of the Miami Heat. On Wednesday night, however, James was welcomed back to Cleveland with open arms, as he received a standing ovation at the onset of the game.
While James is now a member of the Los Angeles Lakers, it is clear that much of his heart and much of his identity as a player remain in Cleveland.
While there is no telling what the future holds, it would undoubtedly be a delight to see James return to play for the Cavs once his current contract with the Lakers comes to an end. It seems quite unlikely, but it would be pretty special to watch him ride off into the sunset wearing the Wine and Gold.