- LeBron James identifies himself with Michael Jordan after video of Cavs member trashing him emerges
- Report: It’s ‘a matter of time’ until Andre Drummond secures a buyout and joins the Brooklyn Nets
- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
LeBron James Sends Heartfelt Message to Cavs Fans After Last Night’s Game
- Updated: November 22, 2018
LeBron James’ return to Northeast Ohio to play against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday night was an emotional experience for everyone inside Quicken Loans Area. Following the game, James issued a heartfelt message to the city of Cleveland and the people who call it home.
Back in 2010, James was welcomed with anger and vitriol when he returned to Cleveland as a member of the Miami Heat. On Wednesday night, however, James was welcomed back to Cleveland with open arms, as he received a standing ovation at the onset of the game.
While James is now a member of the Los Angeles Lakers, it is clear that much of his heart and much of his identity as a player remain in Cleveland.
While there is no telling what the future holds, it would undoubtedly be a delight to see James return to play for the Cavs once his current contract with the Lakers comes to an end. It seems quite unlikely, but it would be pretty special to watch him ride off into the sunset wearing the Wine and Gold.