- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
- Channing Frye Explains Why Detroit Pistons Are Going to Be Dangerous in Playoffs
- Dan Gilbert, Larry Drew, and Channing Frye Offer Huge Praise for Collin Sexton
- Report: Kevin Love Questionable vs. Detroit Pistons With New Injury
- Cedi Osman Sends Message to Team USA Amid FIBA World Cup Match
- Kyrie Irving Says LeBron James Was ‘Thirsty for Rebounds’ With Cavs
- Collin Sexton Breaks Cavs Rookie Record Set by LeBron James
- J.R. Smith Says He’s Beaten Kyrie Irving, Carmelo Anthony, Other All-Stars 1-on-1
- Kevin Love Speaks Out on Facing Dirk Nowitzki One Last Time
LeBron James Sends Heartfelt Message to Cavs Fans After Last Night’s Game
- Updated: November 22, 2018
LeBron James’ return to Northeast Ohio to play against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday night was an emotional experience for everyone inside Quicken Loans Area. Following the game, James issued a heartfelt message to the city of Cleveland and the people who call it home.
Back in 2010, James was welcomed with anger and vitriol when he returned to Cleveland as a member of the Miami Heat. On Wednesday night, however, James was welcomed back to Cleveland with open arms, as he received a standing ovation at the onset of the game.
While James is now a member of the Los Angeles Lakers, it is clear that much of his heart and much of his identity as a player remain in Cleveland.
While there is no telling what the future holds, it would undoubtedly be a delight to see James return to play for the Cavs once his current contract with the Lakers comes to an end. It seems quite unlikely, but it would be pretty special to watch him ride off into the sunset wearing the Wine and Gold.