- Kevin Love takes swipe at Donald Trump as 2020 presidential debate gets heated
- Report: Delonte West checks into rehab facility after photo of him begging on street goes viral
- Cavs News: Kevin Love leaves team’s Cleveland bubble
- Report: Significant concerns emerging about Anthony Edwards as he gets compared to Dion Waiters
- Richard Jefferson throws shade at Los Angeles Clippers while praising Miami Heat
- Kevin Love acknowledges that he was big part in helping LeBron James win titles
- Kevin Love explains how important playing in front of crowds is to LeBron James
- Larry Nance Jr. responds with jubilation that Cavs and Tristan Thompson have ‘mutual interest’
- Koby Altman opens up on what Cavs plan to do with No. 5 overall pick
- Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
Report: Cavs Privately Expected ‘Monster’ Season From Kevin Love Under John Beilein
- Updated: July 1, 2020
“Seeing that, the Cavs were eager to make him the offensive focal point once again,” Fedor wrote. “Privately, they were predicting a ‘monster’ season under new head coach John Beilein. It was a chance for Love to recoup his value and start living up to his contract.”
Both dreams ended up failing this season for the Cavs.
Beilein, 67, never got a grip with the roster. Despite his successful results at the collegiate level, Beilein was not able to motivate and propel the Cavs’ youngsters or veterans.
The Cavs ended up parting ways with the Beilein in February. He concluded his first head coaching gig in the NBA with an abysmal 14-40 record.
Love, meanwhile, was supposed to have a stellar campaign after only participating in 22 games during the 2018-19 season.
While the 31-year-old played in more contests this year, he didn’t have a “monster” season. Love put up 17.6 points and 9.8 boards per game this season.
On the bright side, the Cavs saw a shift in their season once J.B. Bickerstaff took over as head coach after Beilein’s fallout. Under Bickerstaff’s leadership, the Cavs had a 5-6 record this year.