- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
- Channing Frye Explains Why Detroit Pistons Are Going to Be Dangerous in Playoffs
- Dan Gilbert, Larry Drew, and Channing Frye Offer Huge Praise for Collin Sexton
- Report: Kevin Love Questionable vs. Detroit Pistons With New Injury
- Cedi Osman Sends Message to Team USA Amid FIBA World Cup Match
- Kyrie Irving Says LeBron James Was ‘Thirsty for Rebounds’ With Cavs
- Collin Sexton Breaks Cavs Rookie Record Set by LeBron James
- J.R. Smith Says He’s Beaten Kyrie Irving, Carmelo Anthony, Other All-Stars 1-on-1
- Kevin Love Speaks Out on Facing Dirk Nowitzki One Last Time
LeBron James Pays Visit to I Promise School Before Playing Against Cavs
- Updated: November 21, 2018
LeBron James may now be a member Los Angeles Lakers, but he continues to maintain an inseparable bond with Northeast Ohio. Ahead of his game against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday night, James paid a visit to the I Promise school that he has helped established in Akron, Ohio.
— I PROMISE School (@IPROMISESchool) November 21, 2018
The pictures from the above show James hugging a young girl and engaging with students and teachers through conversations.
James, along with his LeBron James Family Foundation, worked in conjunction with the Akron Public Schools system to establish the school. The school specifically focuses on working with at-risk children and currently houses third and fourth grade classes with plans to eventually expand to first through eighth grade classes.
It’s no secret that James is a generous philanthropist, as he also pledged to offer full scholarships to every single child that graduates from the school and completes the I Promise program.
James is an absolute legend in Northeast Ohio and is remembered as the prodigal son who broke Cleveland’s 52-year championship drought in 2016. Expect a very warm welcome from Cavs fans at Quicken Loans Arena tonight as James takes the court against his former team for the first time since moving to Los Angeles.