- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
Jordan Clarkson Sends Out Heartfelt Message to Filipino Fans After Missing Asian Games
- Updated: August 13, 2018
After originally being selected to compete for the Philippines national basketball team at the 2018 Asian Games, Cleveland Cavaliers guard Jordan Clarkson was ruled out because of a delay connected to clearance issues. Clarkson was disappointed in the turn of events and took to social media to express his emotions to the Filipino people.
Clarkson used his Facebook platform on Sunday night to send the following message, closing with a term that expresses his affection in Tagalog, the official language of the Philippines:
The veteran guard, who has Filipino roots, also attached a photo of the Philippines team jerseys he had been sent in the mail, uniforms that will now not be worn by the 26-year-old. Instead, he’ll now continue to focus his energies on preparing for his first full season as a member of the Cavaliers.
Some rumors have speculated that Clarkson could be headed to the Miami Heat as part of a blockbuster deal that would also include teammates Tristan Thompson and Kyle Korver. However, this particular rumor came at a quiet time during the NBA offseason, a scenario that invites any sort of conceivable intrigue to develop. Until the rumor in question gains more credibility, it falls under the avalanche of other such gossip.