- Kendrick Perkins Rips Apart Kyle Kuzma, Calls for Dion Waiters to Get More Playing Time
- NBA Executive Doubts Kyrie Irving Will Respect Steve Nash as Head Coach
- Kevin Love Reacts to Ongoing Feud Between Richard Jefferson and Scottie Pippen
- Scottie Pippen Destroys Richard Jefferson for Saying Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘Might Be a Pippen’
- Richard Jefferson Crucifies Giannis Antetokounmpo, Compares Him to Scottie Pippen
- Report: Multiple Cavs Veterans Will Not Participate in Team’s Voluntary Minicamp
- Cavs Fans Livid After Team Decides to Honor Michael Jordan on Iconic Statement Edition Uniforms
- Andre Drummond Goes After Donald Trump Following Latest Attack on NBA Protests
- Richard Jefferson Destroys Giannis Antetokounmpo for Not Guarding Jimmy Butler in Game 1
- Report: Cavs Looking at These 3 Players With No. 5 Overall Pick
Jordan Clarkson Sends Out Heartfelt Message to Filipino Fans After Missing Asian Games
- Updated: August 13, 2018
After originally being selected to compete for the Philippines national basketball team at the 2018 Asian Games, Cleveland Cavaliers guard Jordan Clarkson was ruled out because of a delay connected to clearance issues. Clarkson was disappointed in the turn of events and took to social media to express his emotions to the Filipino people.
Clarkson used his Facebook platform on Sunday night to send the following message, closing with a term that expresses his affection in Tagalog, the official language of the Philippines:
The veteran guard, who has Filipino roots, also attached a photo of the Philippines team jerseys he had been sent in the mail, uniforms that will now not be worn by the 26-year-old. Instead, he’ll now continue to focus his energies on preparing for his first full season as a member of the Cavaliers.
Some rumors have speculated that Clarkson could be headed to the Miami Heat as part of a blockbuster deal that would also include teammates Tristan Thompson and Kyle Korver. However, this particular rumor came at a quiet time during the NBA offseason, a scenario that invites any sort of conceivable intrigue to develop. Until the rumor in question gains more credibility, it falls under the avalanche of other such gossip.