- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
- Channing Frye Refuses to Call Stephen Curry ‘Lock’ for MVP
LeBron James Reveals Advice He Gave to Kyle Korver
- Updated: January 10, 2017
The pending insertion of Kyle Korver into the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ lineup is building excitement for what could be an endless barrage of 3-pointers by the team over the rest of the season. New teammate LeBron James is one of those excited about making the most of Korver’s talents and has offered him a simple bit of advice.
“The first thing I told him when he walked into the locker room the other day was, ‘If you want to fit in, shoot the ball every time you get it,'” James said. “Shoot the ball as soon as it touches your hands. Shoot it. We don’t care.”
Being a perfectionist, James said he’s watched close to a half hour of footage on Korver to see “where he likes the ball, how he likes the ball, if he likes it low, if he likes it high, if he likes the seams, no seams.
“From my perspective, as far as the quarterback, I see where my receiver likes the ball,” James said.
Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue says he won’t waste any time putting Korver on the court once he’s ready to play.
“If he’s available to play we’re going to play him minutes, so we’ll see how it goes,” Lue said.
Korver is expected to make his debut tonight as the Cavs take on the Jazz at 9 pm E/T.