- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Collin Sexton Ties Spurs Legend Tim Duncan With Incredible Scoring Feat
- Updated: March 21, 2019
In the win, Sexton recorded his seventh straight game of scoring 23 points or more. The last rookie to do that was San Antonio Spurs legend Tim Duncan.
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) March 19, 2019
When Sexton was told of the milestone, he replied in the soft-spoken manner that Cavs fans have grown accustomed to.
Collin Sexton was unaware that he’s the first rookie since Tim Duncan to score at least 23 points in 7 straight games. when a reporter told him postgame, he broke into a huge smile and said “oh that’s what’s up.”
— Jordan Zirm (@clevezirm) March 21, 2019
Sexton has been on a scoring tear all month and in the last 10 games he’s averaging 22.9 points, 3.0 assists, and 2.2 rebounds. While he was on the verge of potential bust status earlier this season, he has done more than enough to prove all of his doubters wrong as the 2018-19 season nears its end.
With 10 games remaining on the Cavs’ schedule, it will be interesting to see how long Sexton can push this impressive streak.