- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Looking to Trade Kyle Korver
- Updated: July 9, 2018
The turnover of the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ roster from last season began when LeBron James decided to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers as a free agent earlier this month, but that might have just been the beginning.
“I hear the Cavs are looking to move Korver,” Pluto wrote “He has a contract for $7.5 million this season. In 2019-2020, he also has a $7.5 million deal with $3.4 million guaranteed.”
Pluto went on to explain that Korver could be an attractive option for James’ new team in Los Angeles:
“Korver would help the Lakers, who need shooters to surround LeBron James,” he wrote. “But they keep adding iffy outside shooters: Rajon Rondo, Lance Stephenson and JaVale McGee. So who knows what they are planning.”
Korver was originally traded to the Cavs in 2017 in exchange for Mike Dunleavy, Mo Williams, cash considerations, and a protected first-round draft pick. He went on to average 10.7 points on 48.7 percent shooting from beyond the arc in 35 regular season games. He contributed in the 2017-18 season as well, though his numbers did take a bit of a hit.
Ever since James’ departure from Cleveland, there have been multiple reports regarding the uncertain future of several players currently on the Cavs’ roster.
While it is unclear what the Cavs truly plan to do with their roster in the remainder of the offseason, it is clear that they are keeping their options open.