- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
Los Angeles Lakers Emerge as Favorites to Sign LeBron James
- Updated: June 10, 2018
Just a few weeks ago, the Cleveland Cavaliers were thought to be the favorites to sign LeBron James this offseason. However, following a four-game sweep in the 2018 NBA Finals, it appears Las Vegas has had a change of heart.
Following the conclusion of the finals, OddsShark revealed updated odds for where the three-time NBA champ is most likely to sign this summer.
— OddsShark (@OddsShark) June 9, 2018
The Lakers have been considered a top option to sign James this offseason for quite some time. The Lakers have the cap space to make several big moves this summer, and James already owns not one, but two homes in the upscale Los Angeles suburb of Brentwood.
While the Lakers are the new odds leaders, it is interesting to note that the four teams that have been considered the favorites to land James this summer are still at the top of the list. The Cavs still have fairly good odds to re-sign their star player, but they have moved to the third best odds at the moment.
This is all subject to change between now and the beginning of free agency on July 1. Until then, Vegas and everyone are just going to have to keep speculating on where James will be playing next season.