- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
Video: LeBron James Praises George Hill After Cavs Dominate Celtics
- Updated: February 12, 2018
The players that the Cleveland Cavaliers traded for just hours before last Thursday’s NBA trade deadline shined in Sunday’s 121-99 trouncing of the Boston Celtics. For LeBron James, point guard George Hill, who played well throughout the game on both ends of the court, may have shined the brightest.
Following the game, James had nothing but praise for his new starting point guard.
“I think George Hill’s basketball IQ complements me. Guy’s been in so many big games,” James said. “You can tell he knows how to play the game. Smart, big, physical, so you can definitely tell that we’re going to work well together.”
Hill notched 12 points and three rebounds in Sunday’s game. Perhaps more importantly, he was tasked with guarding Kyrie Irving for much of the contest. While Irving managed to scored 18 points, he was held to 1-of-7 from the three-point line.
There’s no doubt that a jolt of excitement has been injected into the Cavs organization since the trades took place. Based off of Sunday’s win, it seems that excitement was for good reason.
Going forward, Hill and the rest of the newly acquired Cavs will have to prove that the win over the Celtics was not a fluke, but proof that this team can go deep into the playoffs. They’ll have their next opportunity on Tuesday night when they face off against the Oklahoma City Thunder.