- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
- Here’s Why the Cavs Might Still End Up With R.J. Barrett on Draft Night
- Report: Cavs to Meet With Duke University’s Cam Reddish
Report: People Close to Jeanie Buss Are Telling Her to Trade LeBron James
- Updated: May 9, 2019
Very few players are perceived to be untradeable in the NBA, but a group of individuals in Los Angeles may want to trade one of them if a recent report is to be believed.
According to ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith, Jeanie Buss, the controlling owner and president of the Los Angeles Lakers, is being told by her confidants to put LeBron James on the trading block.
— John Ledesma (@JohnnyNBA) May 8, 2019
“Nothing is out of bounds right now. We don’t know what the hell is going on in Los Angeles,” Smith said. “You’ve got folks close to Jeanie Buss imploring her to trade LeBron James. He does not have a no-trade clause and now you haven’t given him the coach that he wanted.”
If Buss decides to trade James, that would almost certainly be the sports story of the year.
Despite not making the playoffs, the Lakers are taking over the sports news world at the moment after former Cleveland Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue and the Lakers abruptly ended talks about him taking over the vacant head coaching job in Los Angeles.
New candidates are now being considered for the job in one of the league’s marquee, but also most dysfunctional franchises.