- Khris Middleton Looking Forward to Battling Matthew Dellavedova During USA-Australia Match
- Kevin Porter Jr. and Bol Bol Voted as Biggest Steals in 2019 NBA Draft
- Video: Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr. Drops 40-Point Triple-Double in Crawsover Pro-Am League Game
- Former Cavs Head Coach Announces He Suffers From Multiple Sclerosis
- Report: Cavs’ ‘Deep-Thinkers’ Worried About Defensive Limitations Around Sexton-Garland Backcourt
- Cavs Insider Says Team Getting More Than 25 Wins This Season Would Be ‘Pleasant Surprise’
- Report: Cavs Plan to Have 6 Guards on Roster by Start of Season
- J.R. Smith Gets Incredible Tattoo of His Daughter
- Kevin Love to Appear on Upcoming Episode of LeBron James’ ‘The Shop’
- Report: Cavs Sign Former Orlando Magic Swingman to 1-Year Deal
Report: People Close to Jeanie Buss Are Telling Her to Trade LeBron James
- Updated: May 9, 2019
Very few players are perceived to be untradeable in the NBA, but a group of individuals in Los Angeles may want to trade one of them if a recent report is to be believed.
According to ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith, Jeanie Buss, the controlling owner and president of the Los Angeles Lakers, is being told by her confidants to put LeBron James on the trading block.
— John Ledesma (@JohnnyNBA) May 8, 2019
“Nothing is out of bounds right now. We don’t know what the hell is going on in Los Angeles,” Smith said. “You’ve got folks close to Jeanie Buss imploring her to trade LeBron James. He does not have a no-trade clause and now you haven’t given him the coach that he wanted.”
If Buss decides to trade James, that would almost certainly be the sports story of the year.
Despite not making the playoffs, the Lakers are taking over the sports news world at the moment after former Cleveland Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue and the Lakers abruptly ended talks about him taking over the vacant head coaching job in Los Angeles.
New candidates are now being considered for the job in one of the league’s marquee, but also most dysfunctional franchises.