- LeBron James shares how much he misses Tristan Thompson after linking up with him
- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
Video: Courtside Mic Captures Entire Conversation Between LeBron James and Lonzo Ball
- Updated: December 15, 2017
The first-ever regular season meeting between Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James, a 15-year veteran, and Los Angeles Lakers rookie guard Lonzo Ball arrived on Thursday night with a great deal of fanfare. A national television audience witnessed the matchup between a player who’s already a lock for the Hall of Fame and one who has the potential to reach that status after having been the second overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft.
Following the Cavaliers’ 121-112 victory, the two players briefly talked to each other, with neither one indicating to the media after the game what was discussed. However, a courtside microphone managed to capture the conversation, which involved James offering advice on how to navigate the pressure of trying to succeed in the NBA.
“Find your zone and just stay f–king locked in,” James said. “The media is going to ask you what I told you right now. Tell them nothing. Just be aggressive every single day. … It’s white noise to you. That’s all it is. All right? Let’s go.”
James’ mentoring of Ball might seem strange for fans who remember earlier this year when James warmed up before a game by seemingly mocking Ball’s unorthodox jump-shooting style. In addition, James took exception to remarks by Ball’s controversial father, LaVar, that referenced James’ son, LeBron James Jr.
The Cavaliers and Lakers will meet again this season on Mar. 11 in Los Angeles. Due to the fact that James can become a free agent after this season, countless rumors have been floated about James signing with the Lakers in July to team with Ball. James owns two mansions in the Los Angeles area, though he has generally dismissed such talk in the past.