- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Video: Derrick Rose Calls Joining Cavs ‘One of the Best Decisions’ of His Life
- Updated: December 8, 2017
Just over a week ago it had appeared that Rose was considering leaving the Cavs, and the NBA, for good. On Friday, however, he spoke with reporters to clarify just how happy he is to be a member of the Cavs.
“It’s all love, it’s all love,” Rose said of the welcome he received from his teammates upon his return. “It’s showing me coming here was one of the best decisions I made in my life. Being around good guys that’s only focusing on basketball and trying to get better and I been wanting that my entire career.”
He continued to explain what he hopes to get out of the rest of the season while he works to return from a lingering ankle injury.
“I’ll be able to hoop, that’s all I want to do,” he said. “Hoop and win. I don’t care about all the other stuff that comes with it. I’m appreciative, I’m grateful to be on this team and just like I said, just try to take it one day at a time.”
Rose has struggled with injuries throughout the 2017-18 season and has only played in seven games for the Cavs. Still, in those games he showed flashes of his immense skill and averaged 14.3 points per game.
It’s good to see Rose in high spirits since his return to the Cavs. Hopefully he approaches the rest of his rehab with similar enthusiasm so he is ready to retake the court soon.