- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Video: Derrick Rose Calls Joining Cavs ‘One of the Best Decisions’ of His Life
- Updated: December 8, 2017
Just over a week ago it had appeared that Rose was considering leaving the Cavs, and the NBA, for good. On Friday, however, he spoke with reporters to clarify just how happy he is to be a member of the Cavs.
“It’s all love, it’s all love,” Rose said of the welcome he received from his teammates upon his return. “It’s showing me coming here was one of the best decisions I made in my life. Being around good guys that’s only focusing on basketball and trying to get better and I been wanting that my entire career.”
He continued to explain what he hopes to get out of the rest of the season while he works to return from a lingering ankle injury.
“I’ll be able to hoop, that’s all I want to do,” he said. “Hoop and win. I don’t care about all the other stuff that comes with it. I’m appreciative, I’m grateful to be on this team and just like I said, just try to take it one day at a time.”
Rose has struggled with injuries throughout the 2017-18 season and has only played in seven games for the Cavs. Still, in those games he showed flashes of his immense skill and averaged 14.3 points per game.
It’s good to see Rose in high spirits since his return to the Cavs. Hopefully he approaches the rest of his rehab with similar enthusiasm so he is ready to retake the court soon.