- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Cavs Players React to Kyrie Irving’s ‘Suck My D—‘ Comments
- Updated: October 23, 2017
Former Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving made news on Friday night when he was caught on video yelling profanities at a fan while walking out of the Boston Celtics locker room. While the incident certainly surprised some fans, it hasn’t seemed to surprise his former teammates.
According to The Athletic’s Jason Lloyd, Irving’s childish outburst was nothing new for those who used to play with him in Cleveland.
— Jordan Zirm (@clevezirm) October 23, 2017
The reported reactions from the Cavs players is eye-opening. While Irving likes to present himself as a thoughtful and profound individual when he speaks with the press, it seems there may be another side to the the 25-year-old All-Star that only those closest to him get to see.
Irving’s incredible talent on the court is undeniable. In his young career with the Celtics, he is already averaging 20.0 points, 5.7 assists, and 4.7 rebounds per game. The Cavaliers may miss his offensive ability, but it’s beginning to seem that they are perfectly fine with being rid of the baggage that comes along with it.