- Jordan Clarkson Becomes 1st Cavs Player to Accomplish Surprising Feat This Season
- Video: Marquese Chriss Obliterates Brooklyn Nets Defender With Nasty Poster Dunk
- Derrick Rose Admits to ‘Spying’ on LeBron James While He Was on Cavs
- Cavs News: Cedi Osman and Ante Zizic to Return Tonight vs. Brooklyn Nets
- Cavs News: Kevin Love Out Tonight vs. Brooklyn Nets
- Kevin Love Points Out Difference Between Passing to Collin Sexton and LeBron James
- Cavs Teammates Praise Collin Sexton for Accomplishing This First ‘Real’ NBA Feat
- Kevin Love Explains Why He’s Still Waiting for First ‘Big Win’ of Season
- Klay Thompson Says He Knew Warriors Were Going to Sweep ‘Defeated’ Cavs
- Nik Stauskas ‘Super Excited’ Koby Altman Brought Him Back to Cavs Organization
10 Trade Packages Cavs Should Explore for Kyrie Irving
- Updated: July 27, 2017
By now the shock of Kyrie Irving‘s trade demands from the Cleveland Cavaliers has begun to wear off. Now, teams across the NBA have reportedly reached out to the Cavs in an attempt to lure the star point guard. While Irving himself has labeled several teams as his preferred destinations, he doesn’t have a no-trade clause in his contract, and so the Cavaliers will likely be looking at any and all trade offers coming their way.
Take a look at 10 of the most attractive potential trade deals that could turn Irving’s departure into a new opportunity for the Cavaliers.
1. Eric Bledsoe and Carmelo Anthony
The three-team trade involving the Phoenix Suns and New York Knicks has been discussed as a potential option since Irving’s trade demand surfaced. In this scenario, Carmelo Anthony and Eric Bledsoe would both head to Cleveland with the Cavs shipping off Irving to the Suns and Iman Shumpert, and Channing Frye to the Knicks. The Suns would also ship off Marquese Chriss to the Knicks as well.
While Bledsoe may seem like a downgrade in terms of talent, his passing and defensive ability may actually make him even more valuable if he were given the opportunity to play alongside LeBron James. As for Anthony, his scoring ability would help the Cavs tremendously. At times he could play with the starters, with James shifting over to the power forward position, or could come off the bench and offer valuable offensive versatility as James enjoys a breather.
Next: Goran Dragic, Wayne Ellington, and Justise Winslow