- Jordan Clarkson Tells Channing Frye to ‘Shut Up’ After He Gets Roasted in Hilarious Fashion
- John Beilein Rips Referees for Traveling Calls on Cavs: ‘It’s Not Fair’
- Kyrie Irving ‘Coward’ Signs Spotted in Boston Ahead of Celtics-Nets Matchup
- Tristan Thompson Says Collin Sexton and Darius Garland Are Different: ‘They’re Not Douchebags’
- Report: Cavs to Eventually Demote Collin Sexton to Bench Role
- Darius Garland Speaks on Recent Improvement: ‘It’s Starting to Slow Down for Me’
- Report: Rival Executives Expected Trail Blazers to Target Kevin Love After Zach Collins Injury
- LeBron James Hilariously Reacts to Richard Jefferson Trolling New York Knicks
- Kevin Love Not Buying That Kyrie Irving Is a Bad Teammate
- Tristan Thompson Calls Kyrie Irving ‘Great Teammate,’ Says Cavs Will Retire His Jersey
Cavs Rumors: Swingman Cedi Osman Expected to Join Cavs for 2017-18 Season
- Updated: June 30, 2017
According to reporter David Pick, the 6-foot-8 swingman is planning to suit up for the Cavs for the 2017-18 season.
Source: Cavs stash Cedi Osman is headed to Cleveland to meet staff and informed Anadolu Efes he'll pull the trigger on his $1M NBA out.
— David Pick (@IAmDPick) June 30, 2017
Originally drafted by the Minnesota Timberwolves as the 31st overall pick in 2015, but acquired by the Cavs in a draft-night trade, the 22-year-old’s transition to the NBA had been expected. With Richard Jefferson possibly eyeing retirement, Osman could serve as an understudy and backup to LeBron James.
Though his outside shot requires refinement and consistency, he’ll instantly add a high-running motor, defensive effort, and playmaking skills to the bench. He averaged 7.1 points and 2.8 rebounds a game for Anadolu Efes last season in 18.3 minutes per game.
Kevin O’Connor from TheRinger.com believes his versatility will be a significant asset. Here’s O’Connor’s 2015 draft report on Osman:
— Kevin O'Connor (@KevinOConnorNBA) June 30, 2017