- Video: J.R. Smith Seen Viciously Beating Up Kid for Breaking His Car Window
- Report: Cavs Trying to Drill 2 Key Values Into Kevin Porter Jr. to Help Him Realize His ‘Immense Potential’
- Video: J.R. Smith Says He Beat White Kid’s A– After Getting His Car Window Broken
- J.R. Smith and Jordan Clarkson Join Chaotic Protests in Los Angeles
- Report: Cavs Will Not Shy Away From Drafting LaMelo Ball Despite Being Guard-Heavy
- Report: Cavs, Warriors, Wolves, Hawks Not Likely to Be Included in NBA Resumption
- Report: Cavs Could Be in Jeopardy of Being One of NBA Teams Not Selected to Return
- Cavs Legend Talks Smack About Michael Jordan and His Bulls: ‘We Used to Wax Them’
- Report: Cavs Had Multiple Trade Offers for Tristan Thompson
- Report: Cavs Provide Updated Timetable on Dylan Windler’s Return From Injury
Cavs Rumors: Swingman Cedi Osman Expected to Join Cavs for 2017-18 Season
- Updated: June 30, 2017
According to reporter David Pick, the 6-foot-8 swingman is planning to suit up for the Cavs for the 2017-18 season.
Source: Cavs stash Cedi Osman is headed to Cleveland to meet staff and informed Anadolu Efes he'll pull the trigger on his $1M NBA out.
— David Pick (@IAmDPick) June 30, 2017
Originally drafted by the Minnesota Timberwolves as the 31st overall pick in 2015, but acquired by the Cavs in a draft-night trade, the 22-year-old’s transition to the NBA had been expected. With Richard Jefferson possibly eyeing retirement, Osman could serve as an understudy and backup to LeBron James.
Though his outside shot requires refinement and consistency, he’ll instantly add a high-running motor, defensive effort, and playmaking skills to the bench. He averaged 7.1 points and 2.8 rebounds a game for Anadolu Efes last season in 18.3 minutes per game.
Kevin O’Connor from TheRinger.com believes his versatility will be a significant asset. Here’s O’Connor’s 2015 draft report on Osman:
— Kevin O'Connor (@KevinOConnorNBA) June 30, 2017