- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Cavs Rumors: Swingman Cedi Osman Expected to Join Cavs for 2017-18 Season
- Updated: June 30, 2017
According to reporter David Pick, the 6-foot-8 swingman is planning to suit up for the Cavs for the 2017-18 season.
Source: Cavs stash Cedi Osman is headed to Cleveland to meet staff and informed Anadolu Efes he'll pull the trigger on his $1M NBA out.
— David Pick (@IAmDPick) June 30, 2017
Originally drafted by the Minnesota Timberwolves as the 31st overall pick in 2015, but acquired by the Cavs in a draft-night trade, the 22-year-old’s transition to the NBA had been expected. With Richard Jefferson possibly eyeing retirement, Osman could serve as an understudy and backup to LeBron James.
Though his outside shot requires refinement and consistency, he’ll instantly add a high-running motor, defensive effort, and playmaking skills to the bench. He averaged 7.1 points and 2.8 rebounds a game for Anadolu Efes last season in 18.3 minutes per game.
Kevin O’Connor from TheRinger.com believes his versatility will be a significant asset. Here’s O’Connor’s 2015 draft report on Osman:
— Kevin O'Connor (@KevinOConnorNBA) June 30, 2017