- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Cavs Rumors: Swingman Cedi Osman Expected to Join Cavs for 2017-18 Season
- Updated: June 30, 2017
According to reporter David Pick, the 6-foot-8 swingman is planning to suit up for the Cavs for the 2017-18 season.
Source: Cavs stash Cedi Osman is headed to Cleveland to meet staff and informed Anadolu Efes he'll pull the trigger on his $1M NBA out.
— David Pick (@IAmDPick) June 30, 2017
Originally drafted by the Minnesota Timberwolves as the 31st overall pick in 2015, but acquired by the Cavs in a draft-night trade, the 22-year-old’s transition to the NBA had been expected. With Richard Jefferson possibly eyeing retirement, Osman could serve as an understudy and backup to LeBron James.
Though his outside shot requires refinement and consistency, he’ll instantly add a high-running motor, defensive effort, and playmaking skills to the bench. He averaged 7.1 points and 2.8 rebounds a game for Anadolu Efes last season in 18.3 minutes per game.
Kevin O’Connor from TheRinger.com believes his versatility will be a significant asset. Here’s O’Connor’s 2015 draft report on Osman:
— Kevin O'Connor (@KevinOConnorNBA) June 30, 2017