- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Cavs Rumors: Swingman Cedi Osman Expected to Join Cavs for 2017-18 Season
- Updated: June 30, 2017
According to reporter David Pick, the 6-foot-8 swingman is planning to suit up for the Cavs for the 2017-18 season.
Source: Cavs stash Cedi Osman is headed to Cleveland to meet staff and informed Anadolu Efes he'll pull the trigger on his $1M NBA out.
— David Pick (@IAmDPick) June 30, 2017
Originally drafted by the Minnesota Timberwolves as the 31st overall pick in 2015, but acquired by the Cavs in a draft-night trade, the 22-year-old’s transition to the NBA had been expected. With Richard Jefferson possibly eyeing retirement, Osman could serve as an understudy and backup to LeBron James.
Though his outside shot requires refinement and consistency, he’ll instantly add a high-running motor, defensive effort, and playmaking skills to the bench. He averaged 7.1 points and 2.8 rebounds a game for Anadolu Efes last season in 18.3 minutes per game.
Kevin O’Connor from TheRinger.com believes his versatility will be a significant asset. Here’s O’Connor’s 2015 draft report on Osman:
— Kevin O'Connor (@KevinOConnorNBA) June 30, 2017