- Cavs Big Man Jordan Bell Reflects on Painful Series of Trades: ‘I Wanted to Fight Somebody’
- Video: Andre Drummond Drains Acrobatic 3-Pointer in Scrimmage
- Cavs Rumors: Growing Belief That NBA Won’t Create 2nd Bubble for 8 Eliminated Teams
- Report: Cavs Were ‘Livid’ to Be Left Out of NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Deems Anthony Davis ‘Monstar’ After Huge Game in NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Emotional Message About Why He Feels Lucky to Be on Cavs
- Dylan Windler Offers Incredibly Positive Update on Injury Recovery
- Tristan Thompson Gets Hyped While Explaining Why LeBron James Is the Best Player in the NBA
- Larry Nance Jr. Breaks Down Why He’s a ‘Huge Fan’ of LaMelo Ball
- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond Exploring ‘Substantial Offer’ for Long-Term Extension
Cavs Rumors: Chauncey Billups Counter Offers Dan Gilbert for Front Office Position
- Updated: June 28, 2017
With all the trade and free-agency rumors swirling, it’s easy to forget that the Cleveland Cavaliers are still without a general manager. According to ESPN‘s Jeff Goodman, Chauncey Billups and the Cavs are still in negotiations to make the former All-Star point guard the Cavs’ president of basketball operations.
If he decides to take the job, Billups, who has no front-office experience, would be replacing former general manager David Griffin, whose contract was not renewed after heading the front office since 2014.
Despite Billups’ lack of experience, the 2004 NBA Finals MVP and 2013 NBA Teammate of the Year would be expected to win immediately, attract more star players to Cleveland, and convince LeBron James to remain a Cavalier despite his looming potential free agency next summer.