- Steve Kerr Heavily Praises Cavs Upon Unprecedented Hiring of Lindsay Gottlieb
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Considering Dealing No. 5 Pick to Atlanta Hawks
- Report: Cavs Make Groundbreaking Hire With Latest Addition to Staff
- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
- How Cavs Could Land No. 3 Pick By Facilitating Anthony Davis Trade to Knicks
- Channing Frye Gives Hilarious Take on Kawhi Leonard
- Kevin Love Gives Bold Prediction on Rest of NBA Finals
- Cavs Fans Quickly Shut Down SportsCenter’s ‘Fact’ About Toronto Raptors
Cavs Rumors: Chauncey Billups Counter Offers Dan Gilbert for Front Office Position
- Updated: June 28, 2017
With all the trade and free-agency rumors swirling, it’s easy to forget that the Cleveland Cavaliers are still without a general manager. According to ESPN‘s Jeff Goodman, Chauncey Billups and the Cavs are still in negotiations to make the former All-Star point guard the Cavs’ president of basketball operations.
If he decides to take the job, Billups, who has no front-office experience, would be replacing former general manager David Griffin, whose contract was not renewed after heading the front office since 2014.
Despite Billups’ lack of experience, the 2004 NBA Finals MVP and 2013 NBA Teammate of the Year would be expected to win immediately, attract more star players to Cleveland, and convince LeBron James to remain a Cavalier despite his looming potential free agency next summer.