- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Cavs Rumors: Chauncey Billups Counter Offers Dan Gilbert for Front Office Position
- Updated: June 28, 2017
With all the trade and free-agency rumors swirling, it’s easy to forget that the Cleveland Cavaliers are still without a general manager. According to ESPN‘s Jeff Goodman, Chauncey Billups and the Cavs are still in negotiations to make the former All-Star point guard the Cavs’ president of basketball operations.
If he decides to take the job, Billups, who has no front-office experience, would be replacing former general manager David Griffin, whose contract was not renewed after heading the front office since 2014.
Despite Billups’ lack of experience, the 2004 NBA Finals MVP and 2013 NBA Teammate of the Year would be expected to win immediately, attract more star players to Cleveland, and convince LeBron James to remain a Cavalier despite his looming potential free agency next summer.