- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
Cavs Rumors: Chauncey Billups Counter Offers Dan Gilbert for Front Office Position
- Updated: June 28, 2017
With all the trade and free-agency rumors swirling, it’s easy to forget that the Cleveland Cavaliers are still without a general manager. According to ESPN‘s Jeff Goodman, Chauncey Billups and the Cavs are still in negotiations to make the former All-Star point guard the Cavs’ president of basketball operations.
If he decides to take the job, Billups, who has no front-office experience, would be replacing former general manager David Griffin, whose contract was not renewed after heading the front office since 2014.
Despite Billups’ lack of experience, the 2004 NBA Finals MVP and 2013 NBA Teammate of the Year would be expected to win immediately, attract more star players to Cleveland, and convince LeBron James to remain a Cavalier despite his looming potential free agency next summer.