- Damon Jones Defends Cavs After Stephen A. Smith Says Kyrie Irving Was ‘Done Dirty in Cleveland’
- Jordan Clarkson Tells Channing Frye to ‘Shut Up’ After He Gets Roasted in Hilarious Fashion
- John Beilein Rips Referees for Traveling Calls on Cavs: ‘It’s Not Fair’
- Kyrie Irving ‘Coward’ Signs Spotted in Boston Ahead of Celtics-Nets Matchup
- Tristan Thompson Says Collin Sexton and Darius Garland Are Different: ‘They’re Not Douchebags’
- Report: Cavs to Eventually Demote Collin Sexton to Bench Role
- Darius Garland Speaks on Recent Improvement: ‘It’s Starting to Slow Down for Me’
- Report: Rival Executives Expected Trail Blazers to Target Kevin Love After Zach Collins Injury
- LeBron James Hilariously Reacts to Richard Jefferson Trolling New York Knicks
- Kevin Love Not Buying That Kyrie Irving Is a Bad Teammate
Cavs Rumors: Chauncey Billups Counter Offers Dan Gilbert for Front Office Position
- Updated: June 28, 2017
With all the trade and free-agency rumors swirling, it’s easy to forget that the Cleveland Cavaliers are still without a general manager. According to ESPN‘s Jeff Goodman, Chauncey Billups and the Cavs are still in negotiations to make the former All-Star point guard the Cavs’ president of basketball operations.
If he decides to take the job, Billups, who has no front-office experience, would be replacing former general manager David Griffin, whose contract was not renewed after heading the front office since 2014.
Despite Billups’ lack of experience, the 2004 NBA Finals MVP and 2013 NBA Teammate of the Year would be expected to win immediately, attract more star players to Cleveland, and convince LeBron James to remain a Cavalier despite his looming potential free agency next summer.