- Video: Andre Drummond Drains Acrobatic 3-Pointer in Scrimmage
- Cavs Rumors: Growing Belief That NBA Won’t Create 2nd Bubble for 8 Eliminated Teams
- Report: Cavs Were ‘Livid’ to Be Left Out of NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Deems Anthony Davis ‘Monstar’ After Huge Game in NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Emotional Message About Why He Feels Lucky to Be on Cavs
- Dylan Windler Offers Incredibly Positive Update on Injury Recovery
- Tristan Thompson Gets Hyped While Explaining Why LeBron James Is the Best Player in the NBA
- Larry Nance Jr. Breaks Down Why He’s a ‘Huge Fan’ of LaMelo Ball
- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond Exploring ‘Substantial Offer’ for Long-Term Extension
- Report: Cavs Have 1 Draft Prospect ‘Sitting Firmly Towards the Top’ of Their List
David Griffin Releases Closing Statement as Cavs General Manager
- Updated: June 20, 2017
Griffin’s current contract is set to expire on June 30, 2017, and a candidate for a new GM has already emerged according to Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical.
Sources: As David Griffin departs as Cavs — "Just couldn't agree on future," source says – Chauncey Billups expected to emerge as candidate
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) June 19, 2017
Griffin had been the team’s GM since 2014. In the 2016-17 season, he oversaw a $128 million payroll and made some timely mid-season acquisitions, however his team ultimately ended up on the losing end of the NBA Finals.
In the end, it seems that both Griffin and Gilbert did not have the same vision for the Cavaliers’ future, and what those differing visions were, will likely unfold in the near future.
Here is Griffin’s closing statement as Cleveland’s general manager:
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) June 20, 2017