- Report: Cavs could be landing spot for Celtics forward Gordon Hayward
- Report: Cavs and Knicks discussing trade ahead of NBA draft
- Police release terrifying photographs from site of Kevin Porter Jr.’s car crash
- Video: Kevin Love makes heartbreaking admission that he still has suicidal thoughts
- Report: Cavs looking to trade down in order to draft Obi Toppin
- Report: NBA executives don’t expect Deni Avdija to fall past Cavs
- Larry Nance Jr. hilariously reacts to sugar momma offering him $3K every weekend
- Former Cavs forward desperately begs for job in the NBA: ‘I’d play for free’
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. accused of punching a woman in the face in downtown Cleveland
- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
David Griffin Releases Closing Statement as Cavs General Manager
- Updated: June 20, 2017
Griffin’s current contract is set to expire on June 30, 2017, and a candidate for a new GM has already emerged according to Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical.
Sources: As David Griffin departs as Cavs — "Just couldn't agree on future," source says – Chauncey Billups expected to emerge as candidate
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) June 19, 2017
Griffin had been the team’s GM since 2014. In the 2016-17 season, he oversaw a $128 million payroll and made some timely mid-season acquisitions, however his team ultimately ended up on the losing end of the NBA Finals.
In the end, it seems that both Griffin and Gilbert did not have the same vision for the Cavaliers’ future, and what those differing visions were, will likely unfold in the near future.
Here is Griffin’s closing statement as Cleveland’s general manager:
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) June 20, 2017