- J.R. Smith Pulls Off Epic Comeback With 3 Straight Deep 3-Pointers in Pickup Game
- Report: LeBron James Wanted Cavs to Acquire Carmelo Anthony But Was Rejected
- Ben Simmons Shouts Out Darius Garland After Offseason Workout
- Marques Bolden Ready to Do ‘Whatever Cavs Want Out of Me’
- Report: Cavs Sign Guard Alex Robinson to Training Camp Deal
- Channing Frye Says Tyronn Lue’s Clippers Will Be ‘Best Defensive Team Ever’
- Report: Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Returns Home 8 Weeks After Stroke
- Former Cavs Players Get Into Twitter War With Royce White After He Calls Out LeBron James
- Cavs News: Darius Garland Named 2nd Best Playmaker in 2019 NBA Draft
- Mario Hezonja Not Impressed With Kevin Love’s Strength, Challenges Him for More
Report: Cavs Now Frontrunners to Sign Carmelo Anthony Should He Secure Buyout With Knicks
- Updated: June 26, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers have been the center of the NBA rumor mill since the NBA Finals ended, and the rumors are showing no sign of slowing down. In addition to reports that the Cavs are exploring a three-team trade for Paul George, ESPN is now reporting that, according to league sources, Carmelo Anthony could also be headed to Cleveland.
— theScore (@theScore) June 26, 2017
Anthony is currently under a five-year contract that would pay him $26,243,760 this upcoming season. However, if he is bought out, he would be able to sign for a much more affordable contract, making it possible for the Cavaliers to sign him, despite already claiming the highest payroll in the NBA at $127,254,579.
If this NBA offseason has taught us anything, it’s that these rumors are nothing more than wishful thinking until these stars put pen to paper.