- John Beilein Says Collin Sexton Is Big Reason Why He Joined Cavs
- Richard Jefferson’s 3 Hilarious Tweets Sum Up Warriors-Blazers Series Perfectly
- Cavs News: Collin Sexton Named to All-Rookie Second Team
- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
Report: Cavs Now Frontrunners to Sign Carmelo Anthony Should He Secure Buyout With Knicks
- Updated: June 26, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers have been the center of the NBA rumor mill since the NBA Finals ended, and the rumors are showing no sign of slowing down. In addition to reports that the Cavs are exploring a three-team trade for Paul George, ESPN is now reporting that, according to league sources, Carmelo Anthony could also be headed to Cleveland.
— theScore (@theScore) June 26, 2017
Anthony is currently under a five-year contract that would pay him $26,243,760 this upcoming season. However, if he is bought out, he would be able to sign for a much more affordable contract, making it possible for the Cavaliers to sign him, despite already claiming the highest payroll in the NBA at $127,254,579.
If this NBA offseason has taught us anything, it’s that these rumors are nothing more than wishful thinking until these stars put pen to paper.