- Report: John Beilein Expected to Forfeit Nearly $20M to Leave Cavs Coaching Job
- Collin Sexton Says His Game Has Improved in ‘Every Aspect’ Since Entering NBA
- Collin Sexton Discusses Close Relationship With Chris Paul, Says He Talks to Him Every Week
- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
Report: Cavs Now Frontrunners to Sign Carmelo Anthony Should He Secure Buyout With Knicks
- Updated: June 26, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers have been the center of the NBA rumor mill since the NBA Finals ended, and the rumors are showing no sign of slowing down. In addition to reports that the Cavs are exploring a three-team trade for Paul George, ESPN is now reporting that, according to league sources, Carmelo Anthony could also be headed to Cleveland.
— theScore (@theScore) June 26, 2017
Anthony is currently under a five-year contract that would pay him $26,243,760 this upcoming season. However, if he is bought out, he would be able to sign for a much more affordable contract, making it possible for the Cavaliers to sign him, despite already claiming the highest payroll in the NBA at $127,254,579.
If this NBA offseason has taught us anything, it’s that these rumors are nothing more than wishful thinking until these stars put pen to paper.