- Report: Celtics monitoring ‘uncomfortable’ contract talks between Cavs and Andre Drummond
- Collin Sexton reveals inspiring message Dwyane Wade gave him during jersey swap
- Report: Cavs putting ‘large focus’ on improving defense this offseason
- Former Cavs star reveals sleeper who he thinks is ‘best’ point guard in 2020 draft class
- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond all of sudden far apart on contract extension
- Iman Shumpert clears up what Kyrie Irving meant after seemingly dissing LeBron James
- Cavs superstar Kevin Love seen working out in New York with renowned trainer
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
Report: Cavs Now Frontrunners to Sign Carmelo Anthony Should He Secure Buyout With Knicks
- Updated: June 26, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers have been the center of the NBA rumor mill since the NBA Finals ended, and the rumors are showing no sign of slowing down. In addition to reports that the Cavs are exploring a three-team trade for Paul George, ESPN is now reporting that, according to league sources, Carmelo Anthony could also be headed to Cleveland.
— theScore (@theScore) June 26, 2017
Anthony is currently under a five-year contract that would pay him $26,243,760 this upcoming season. However, if he is bought out, he would be able to sign for a much more affordable contract, making it possible for the Cavaliers to sign him, despite already claiming the highest payroll in the NBA at $127,254,579.
If this NBA offseason has taught us anything, it’s that these rumors are nothing more than wishful thinking until these stars put pen to paper.