- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
Report: Cavs Now Frontrunners to Sign Carmelo Anthony Should He Secure Buyout With Knicks
- Updated: June 26, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers have been the center of the NBA rumor mill since the NBA Finals ended, and the rumors are showing no sign of slowing down. In addition to reports that the Cavs are exploring a three-team trade for Paul George, ESPN is now reporting that, according to league sources, Carmelo Anthony could also be headed to Cleveland.
— theScore (@theScore) June 26, 2017
Anthony is currently under a five-year contract that would pay him $26,243,760 this upcoming season. However, if he is bought out, he would be able to sign for a much more affordable contract, making it possible for the Cavaliers to sign him, despite already claiming the highest payroll in the NBA at $127,254,579.
If this NBA offseason has taught us anything, it’s that these rumors are nothing more than wishful thinking until these stars put pen to paper.