- Report: Andre Drummond to Pick Up $28.7M Player Option to Stay With Cavs Next Season
- Report: Andre Drummond ‘Near Certainty’ to Return to Cavs With Option Date Updated
- Kevin Love Donates $500,000 to UCLA’s Psychology Department for Mental Health Awareness
- Video: Kevin Love Releases Heartfelt Message After Winning Prestigious ESPY Award
- Jordan Clarkson Disses Donald Trump After Latest Coronavirus Comments: ‘This Is the Dumbest S–t I Heard’
- Andre Drummond Hypes Up Darius Garland After He Breaks Ankles in Scrimmage Video
- Why Cavs Have Extensive Knowledge on Deni Avdija Because of J.B. Bickerstaff
- Report: Cavs Continue to Use Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum as Model for Darius Garland, Collin Sexton
- Tristan Thompson Reminisces on Cavs Championship as ‘Legendary Father’s Day’
- Numbers Show That Cavs Rookie Darius Garland Was NBA’s Worst Player This Season
Cavs News: Cavaliers Offer Chauncey Billups Five-Year Deal to Lead Front Office
- Updated: June 22, 2017
After spending all day Wednesday at Quicken Loans Arena, ESPN analyst Chauncey Billups has been offered a five-year contract to lead the Cleveland Cavaliers front office, according to Jason Lloyd of The Athletic.
On Wednesday, Billups was introduced to a number of executives that would be working under him and it was the second consecutive day of meetings between Billups and team owner Dan Gilbert.
Although Billups has no prior front office experience, he has played alongside Los Angeles Clippers point guard Chris Paul and New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony, two of LeBron James’ closest friends in the league. In addition, Billups is an NBA Finals MVP and is close friends with Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue.
The former NBA champion hasn’t formally accepted the offer yet, but is expected to take the offer. Billups has a tall task ahead of him as he looks to revamp a Cavs roster looking to match the firepower of the Golden State Warriors.