- Report: Cavs Looking to Speak to Coaches on Playoff Teams
- Report: Cavs Say ‘Zero Truth’ to Rick Pitino Rumors, Not Interested in Him as Head Coach
- Report: Dan Gilbert and Rick Pitino Have Talked About Cavs Head Coaching Vacancy
- Report: Cavs Now Have Higher Chance of Landing Zion Williamson
- Cavs Rumors: Teams Around the League ‘Intrigued’ by Marquese Chriss’ Potential
- Channing Frye Reacts to Jared Dudley Getting Ejected After Nets-76ers Brawl
- Channing Frye Perfectly Describes How Badly Cavs Wanted to Win 2016 NBA Finals
- Stephen Curry and Channing Frye Only Perimeter Players to Accomplish Incredible Feat
- Jayson Tatum Says Has a ‘Big A– Picture’ of His Dunk on LeBron James in His House
- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
Cavs News: Cavaliers Offer Chauncey Billups Five-Year Deal to Lead Front Office
- Updated: June 22, 2017
After spending all day Wednesday at Quicken Loans Arena, ESPN analyst Chauncey Billups has been offered a five-year contract to lead the Cleveland Cavaliers front office, according to Jason Lloyd of The Athletic.
On Wednesday, Billups was introduced to a number of executives that would be working under him and it was the second consecutive day of meetings between Billups and team owner Dan Gilbert.
Although Billups has no prior front office experience, he has played alongside Los Angeles Clippers point guard Chris Paul and New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony, two of LeBron James’ closest friends in the league. In addition, Billups is an NBA Finals MVP and is close friends with Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue.
The former NBA champion hasn’t formally accepted the offer yet, but is expected to take the offer. Billups has a tall task ahead of him as he looks to revamp a Cavs roster looking to match the firepower of the Golden State Warriors.