- LeBron James shares how much he misses Tristan Thompson after linking up with him
- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
Cavs News: Cavaliers Offer Chauncey Billups Five-Year Deal to Lead Front Office
- Updated: June 22, 2017
After spending all day Wednesday at Quicken Loans Arena, ESPN analyst Chauncey Billups has been offered a five-year contract to lead the Cleveland Cavaliers front office, according to Jason Lloyd of The Athletic.
On Wednesday, Billups was introduced to a number of executives that would be working under him and it was the second consecutive day of meetings between Billups and team owner Dan Gilbert.
Although Billups has no prior front office experience, he has played alongside Los Angeles Clippers point guard Chris Paul and New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony, two of LeBron James’ closest friends in the league. In addition, Billups is an NBA Finals MVP and is close friends with Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue.
The former NBA champion hasn’t formally accepted the offer yet, but is expected to take the offer. Billups has a tall task ahead of him as he looks to revamp a Cavs roster looking to match the firepower of the Golden State Warriors.