- Report: LeBron James Called Rob Pelinka to Vouch for and Recruit Former Cavs Teammate
- Jordan Clarkson Sings Praises for NBA in Reaction to Russell Westbrook Trade
- Cavs Head Coach John Beilein Reveals Why Dylan Windler Will Succeed in NBA
- Former Cavs Teammate Discusses Kyrie Irving’s Personality: He’s ‘Misunderstood’
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Involved in Russell Westbrook Trade With Miami Heat
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. to Give Cavs ‘Rare’ Discount on Rookie Contract
- Richard Jefferson Asks Kevin Love for Pictures of His Girlfriend Kate Bock
- Larry Nance Jr. ‘Happy as Hell’ With Cavs’ Offseason, Expects to Be ‘Problem’ for Opponents
- Former Cavs Player Outraged After ESPN Analysts Count Out LeBron James and Lakers
- Here’s What the Portland Trail Blazers Could Offer in a Trade for Kevin Love
Cavs News: Cavaliers Offer Chauncey Billups Five-Year Deal to Lead Front Office
- Updated: June 22, 2017
After spending all day Wednesday at Quicken Loans Arena, ESPN analyst Chauncey Billups has been offered a five-year contract to lead the Cleveland Cavaliers front office, according to Jason Lloyd of The Athletic.
On Wednesday, Billups was introduced to a number of executives that would be working under him and it was the second consecutive day of meetings between Billups and team owner Dan Gilbert.
Although Billups has no prior front office experience, he has played alongside Los Angeles Clippers point guard Chris Paul and New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony, two of LeBron James’ closest friends in the league. In addition, Billups is an NBA Finals MVP and is close friends with Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue.
The former NBA champion hasn’t formally accepted the offer yet, but is expected to take the offer. Billups has a tall task ahead of him as he looks to revamp a Cavs roster looking to match the firepower of the Golden State Warriors.