- Report: Cavs Looking to Speak to Coaches on Playoff Teams
- Report: Cavs Say ‘Zero Truth’ to Rick Pitino Rumors, Not Interested in Him as Head Coach
- Report: Dan Gilbert and Rick Pitino Have Talked About Cavs Head Coaching Vacancy
- Report: Cavs Now Have Higher Chance of Landing Zion Williamson
- Cavs Rumors: Teams Around the League ‘Intrigued’ by Marquese Chriss’ Potential
- Channing Frye Reacts to Jared Dudley Getting Ejected After Nets-76ers Brawl
- Channing Frye Perfectly Describes How Badly Cavs Wanted to Win 2016 NBA Finals
- Stephen Curry and Channing Frye Only Perimeter Players to Accomplish Incredible Feat
- Jayson Tatum Says Has a ‘Big A– Picture’ of His Dunk on LeBron James in His House
- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
LeBron James Subtly Throws Shade at Dan Gilbert While Thanking David Griffin
- Updated: June 20, 2017
This is going to be quite the interesting offseason to say the least.
Shortly after owner Dan Gilbert and the Cleveland Cavaliers had decided to part ways with general manager David Griffin, Cavs superstar LeBron James sent out a tweet both thanking Griffin for his services and what appeared to be throwing some subtle shade towards Gilbert.
If no one appreciated you Griff I did, and hopefully all the people of Cleveland! Thanks for what u did for the team for 3 yrs! We got us 1🏆
According to Brian Windhorst of ESPN, James and his camp weren’t notified of the decision to let Griffin go until shortly after it had been made.
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) June 20, 2017
James had previously expressed his desire for the Cavs to retain Griffin and publicly vouched for the general manager earlier this year:
“It makes no sense why he shouldn’t get an extension,” James said of Griffin. “He’s pulled every move—he’s tried to make every move happen—to better this team to be able to compete for a championship. So we wouldn’t be in this position, obviously, without him and without the guys that are here—from the coaching staff to the players to Griff. He’s been a big piece of it.”
The four-time MVP has always had a contentious relationship with Gilbert and with James’ 2018 free agency looming, Cavs fans can’t help but fear the worst possible outcome happening to them, again.