- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
LeBron James Subtly Throws Shade at Dan Gilbert While Thanking David Griffin
- Updated: June 20, 2017
This is going to be quite the interesting offseason to say the least.
Shortly after owner Dan Gilbert and the Cleveland Cavaliers had decided to part ways with general manager David Griffin, Cavs superstar LeBron James sent out a tweet both thanking Griffin for his services and what appeared to be throwing some subtle shade towards Gilbert.
If no one appreciated you Griff I did, and hopefully all the people of Cleveland! Thanks for what u did for the team for 3 yrs! We got us 1?
According to Brian Windhorst of ESPN, James and his camp weren’t notified of the decision to let Griffin go until shortly after it had been made.
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) June 20, 2017
James had previously expressed his desire for the Cavs to retain Griffin and publicly vouched for the general manager earlier this year:
“It makes no sense why he shouldn’t get an extension,” James said of Griffin. “He’s pulled every move—he’s tried to make every move happen—to better this team to be able to compete for a championship. So we wouldn’t be in this position, obviously, without him and without the guys that are here—from the coaching staff to the players to Griff. He’s been a big piece of it.”
The four-time MVP has always had a contentious relationship with Gilbert and with James’ 2018 free agency looming, Cavs fans can’t help but fear the worst possible outcome happening to them, again.