- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
LeBron James Subtly Throws Shade at Dan Gilbert While Thanking David Griffin
- Updated: June 20, 2017
This is going to be quite the interesting offseason to say the least.
Shortly after owner Dan Gilbert and the Cleveland Cavaliers had decided to part ways with general manager David Griffin, Cavs superstar LeBron James sent out a tweet both thanking Griffin for his services and what appeared to be throwing some subtle shade towards Gilbert.
If no one appreciated you Griff I did, and hopefully all the people of Cleveland! Thanks for what u did for the team for 3 yrs! We got us 1?
According to Brian Windhorst of ESPN, James and his camp weren’t notified of the decision to let Griffin go until shortly after it had been made.
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) June 20, 2017
James had previously expressed his desire for the Cavs to retain Griffin and publicly vouched for the general manager earlier this year:
“It makes no sense why he shouldn’t get an extension,” James said of Griffin. “He’s pulled every move—he’s tried to make every move happen—to better this team to be able to compete for a championship. So we wouldn’t be in this position, obviously, without him and without the guys that are here—from the coaching staff to the players to Griff. He’s been a big piece of it.”
The four-time MVP has always had a contentious relationship with Gilbert and with James’ 2018 free agency looming, Cavs fans can’t help but fear the worst possible outcome happening to them, again.