- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
Cavs Rumors: David Griffin Expected to Part Ways With Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: June 19, 2017
After acting for more than three years as general manager for the Cleveland Cavaliers, it appears that David Griffin will no longer be a part of the organization, according to Brian Windhorst of ESPN.
The Cavs and general manager David Griffin will part ways according to sources
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) June 19, 2017
“I think we have a great core and a great future,” said Cavs owner Dan Gilbert after the Warriors knocked his team off in five games in the 2017 NBA Finals.
Griffin oversaw a $128 million payroll in the 2016-17 season and made some timely mid-season acquisitions, given with what he had to work with. Nonetheless, it seems Gilbert and Griffin just couldn’t agree on the future.
Perhaps Griffin wanted to make some big overhaul-type changes to the roster, while Gilbert seems content on keeping a majority of the roster intact.
Morever, it seems that former Detroit Pistons point guard Chauncey Billups has emerged as a candidate to replace Griffin as the team’s GM.
Sources: As David Griffin departs as Cavs — "Just couldn't agree on future," source says – Chauncey Billups expected to emerge as candidate
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) June 19, 2017
Stay tuned as we will be posting more details on CavaliersNation.com shortly.