- Cavs Star Kevin Love Reacts to the Death of His Godfather Wes Unseld
- Tristan Thompson, Kevin Love and Other Cavs Players Unite in Support of Black Lives Matter
- J.R. Smith Says Cavs Told Him ‘One Person Doesn’t Define Our Team’ After LeBron James Left
- Darius Garland Organizes Cleanup in Downtown Nashville After Bouts of Vandalism and Destruction
- Video: J.R. Smith Expresses Deep Regret After Beating Up White Kid
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Powerful Post on Racial Injustices With Photo of Kobe Bryant
- Video: J.R. Smith Seen Viciously Beating Up Kid for Breaking His Car Window
- Report: Cavs Trying to Drill 2 Key Values Into Kevin Porter Jr. to Help Him Realize His ‘Immense Potential’
- Video: J.R. Smith Says He Beat White Kid’s A– After Getting His Car Window Broken
- J.R. Smith and Jordan Clarkson Join Chaotic Protests in Los Angeles
Cavs Rumors: David Griffin Expected to Part Ways With Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: June 19, 2017
After acting for more than three years as general manager for the Cleveland Cavaliers, it appears that David Griffin will no longer be a part of the organization, according to Brian Windhorst of ESPN.
The Cavs and general manager David Griffin will part ways according to sources
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) June 19, 2017
“I think we have a great core and a great future,” said Cavs owner Dan Gilbert after the Warriors knocked his team off in five games in the 2017 NBA Finals.
Griffin oversaw a $128 million payroll in the 2016-17 season and made some timely mid-season acquisitions, given with what he had to work with. Nonetheless, it seems Gilbert and Griffin just couldn’t agree on the future.
Perhaps Griffin wanted to make some big overhaul-type changes to the roster, while Gilbert seems content on keeping a majority of the roster intact.
Morever, it seems that former Detroit Pistons point guard Chauncey Billups has emerged as a candidate to replace Griffin as the team’s GM.
Sources: As David Griffin departs as Cavs — "Just couldn't agree on future," source says – Chauncey Billups expected to emerge as candidate
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) June 19, 2017
Stay tuned as we will be posting more details on CavaliersNation.com shortly.