- Cavs Coach Compares Draft Prospect Zion Williamson to Hall of Famer
- Report: Cavs Could Have 4 1st-Round Picks by June
- Kevin Durant’s response when asked if he thinks LeBron James is still NBA’s greatest
- Khloe Kardashian Breaks Up With Tristan Thompson After He Allegedly Cheats With Jordyn Woods
- Report: There’s ‘Internal Belief’ That Winning Basketball Could Be Coming Soon for Cavs
- Kirk Cousins Explains Why He ‘Totally Understands’ Why LeBron James Left Cavs
- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
Cavs Rumors: David Griffin Expected to Part Ways With Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: June 19, 2017
After acting for more than three years as general manager for the Cleveland Cavaliers, it appears that David Griffin will no longer be a part of the organization, according to Brian Windhorst of ESPN.
The Cavs and general manager David Griffin will part ways according to sources
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) June 19, 2017
“I think we have a great core and a great future,” said Cavs owner Dan Gilbert after the Warriors knocked his team off in five games in the 2017 NBA Finals.
Griffin oversaw a $128 million payroll in the 2016-17 season and made some timely mid-season acquisitions, given with what he had to work with. Nonetheless, it seems Gilbert and Griffin just couldn’t agree on the future.
Perhaps Griffin wanted to make some big overhaul-type changes to the roster, while Gilbert seems content on keeping a majority of the roster intact.
Morever, it seems that former Detroit Pistons point guard Chauncey Billups has emerged as a candidate to replace Griffin as the team’s GM.
Sources: As David Griffin departs as Cavs — "Just couldn't agree on future," source says – Chauncey Billups expected to emerge as candidate
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) June 19, 2017
Stay tuned as we will be posting more details on CavaliersNation.com shortly.