- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
Cavs Rumors: David Griffin Expected to Part Ways With Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: June 19, 2017
After acting for more than three years as general manager for the Cleveland Cavaliers, it appears that David Griffin will no longer be a part of the organization, according to Brian Windhorst of ESPN.
The Cavs and general manager David Griffin will part ways according to sources
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) June 19, 2017
“I think we have a great core and a great future,” said Cavs owner Dan Gilbert after the Warriors knocked his team off in five games in the 2017 NBA Finals.
Griffin oversaw a $128 million payroll in the 2016-17 season and made some timely mid-season acquisitions, given with what he had to work with. Nonetheless, it seems Gilbert and Griffin just couldn’t agree on the future.
Perhaps Griffin wanted to make some big overhaul-type changes to the roster, while Gilbert seems content on keeping a majority of the roster intact.
Morever, it seems that former Detroit Pistons point guard Chauncey Billups has emerged as a candidate to replace Griffin as the team’s GM.
Sources: As David Griffin departs as Cavs — "Just couldn't agree on future," source says – Chauncey Billups expected to emerge as candidate
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) June 19, 2017
Stay tuned as we will be posting more details on CavaliersNation.com shortly.