- LeBron James shares how much he misses Tristan Thompson after linking up with him
- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
Cavs News: LeBron James Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week
- Updated: March 7, 2016
For the third time in the 2015-16 season, Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James was named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week by the NBA. It also marks the 51st time in his storied career that James has received the accolade, a league record.
Coming just days after James was tabbed as the Eastern Conference Player of the Month for February, James was rewarded for his play in three Cavaliers home victories last week. On February 29, he scored 33 points in 37 minutes in the team’s 100-96 victory over the Indiana Pacers.
Four nights later, he collected a double-double with 19 points and 13 rebounds in a 108-83 win over the Washington Wizards. The following evening, he again collected a double-double by scoring 28 and grabbing 11 rebounds in a 120-103 victory over the Boston Celtics.
James is averaging 24.8 points, 7.3 rebounds and 6.6 assists in his 59 games this season, leading his team to a current record of 44-17, best in the Eastern Conference.