- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Cavs News: LeBron James Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week
- Updated: March 7, 2016
For the third time in the 2015-16 season, Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James was named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week by the NBA. It also marks the 51st time in his storied career that James has received the accolade, a league record.
Coming just days after James was tabbed as the Eastern Conference Player of the Month for February, James was rewarded for his play in three Cavaliers home victories last week. On February 29, he scored 33 points in 37 minutes in the team’s 100-96 victory over the Indiana Pacers.
Four nights later, he collected a double-double with 19 points and 13 rebounds in a 108-83 win over the Washington Wizards. The following evening, he again collected a double-double by scoring 28 and grabbing 11 rebounds in a 120-103 victory over the Boston Celtics.
James is averaging 24.8 points, 7.3 rebounds and 6.6 assists in his 59 games this season, leading his team to a current record of 44-17, best in the Eastern Conference.