- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
Cleveland Cavaliers and Cleveland Indians Make Professional Sports History
- Updated: April 26, 2016
The Cleveland Cavaliers finished out its best-of-seven series on Sunday night with a clean sweep of the Detroit Pistons, 100-98.
Point guard Kyrie Irving led the Cavaliers down the stretch and finished the evening with a game-high 31 points to go along with three rebounds and five assists.
In addition to the Cavs closing out its series, another Cleveland sports franchise finished out its series as well in the same exact manner.
The Cleveland Indians of the MLB got the job done against the Detroit Tigers in order to finish off its sweep of the weekend series.
According to Elias Sports Bureau, this marks only the second time that an NBA and major-league team from the same city completed sweeps of the same opposing city on the same day.