- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
7 Potential Buyout Candidates for the Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: February 26, 2016
Teams like the Cleveland Cavaliers are all continuing to look at the same looming March 1 playoff eligibility waiver deadline.
The Cavaliers have two roster spots still available due to last week’s trade that sent Anderson Varejao and Jared Cunningham away and brought Channing Frye to Cleveland. They’re still seeking depth, most likely at the guard spot, but another frontline addition is still a possibility.
Last year, the Cavs added Kendrick Perkins, but that addition was of little help. Perkins only averaged nine minutes of action and contributed 2.6 points and 2.4 rebounds per game.
Cleveland is hoping for better results this season. Here are 7 candidates that may become or are currently available that they could consider:
1. Caron Butler
Butler will turn 36 next month and has been with five teams in the past four seasons, the current one being the Sacramento Kings. He’s barely played this season, so his legs are fresh. However, how much he has left and what he can contribute are major questions the Cavaliers have to consider, if he’s even on their radar. His biggest asset right now is his veteran experience and championship pedigree from the 2011 Dallas Mavericks.
Next: Kevin Martin