- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Report: Cavs concerned with Kevin Porter Jr.’s maturity, don’t want him back until he’s ’emotionally ready’
- Updated: January 2, 2021
According to Terry Pluto of Cleveland.com, the Cavs want to wait for Porter to be emotionally ready before he rejoins the team.
“As for Kevin Porter Jr., no word when he’ll be back,” Pluto wrote. “The Cavs have said he’s dealing with some personal issues. The 20-year-old Porter had two off-court problems before the season. He wasn’t convicted of any charges, but the Cavs are concerned about his maturity. They don’t want to rush him back but will wait until they believe he’s emotionally ready to return.”
Porter, 20, has been in the news for scary reasons over the last few months.
In fact, he posted a morbid message on his Instagram account in October. The scary post, which made many people think he was having suicidal thoughts, compelled the organization to get involved.
Porter has faced additional issues since then, including a woman accusing him of punching her in the face. All of the public drama has been a distraction for Porter and the Cavs.
The guard collected 10.0 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game in his rookie year.